PDA

View Full Version : G750jm Nvidia driver update causes Photoshop to complain having less than 512mb vram

grandosegood
04-04-2015, 09:48 PM
hello all,

i first noticed the error when installing video drviers directly from nvidia.com

i went to fire up Photoshop and it complained about having less than 512mb vram, which is strange cause the 860m comes with 2gb vram.

after installing many different driver versions, including those Xtreme-G drivers from tweakforce, i found the only way my adobe apps could see the 860m again was to use the latest driver provided by asus. after using the asus driver, i can see the 860m in photoshop again.

how come i cannot update the video driver without breaking some function of optimus?

grandosegood
04-14-2015, 09:02 PM
bump

is there any word on useing a later driver other than the one provided by asus while still lretraining optimus functions ? particularly, the asus nvidia driver is the only one that allows for photoshop usage.

GottiBoi55
04-19-2015, 08:23 PM
Hi grandosegood,
You need to change Photoshop to run off the GTX-860M by default.

1. Right click on the Photoshop icon to open content menu.
2. Point to "Run with graphics processor"
3. "Change default graphics processor"
4. Set to "High performance NVIDIA processor"

Hope this helps you my friend?

grandosegood
05-25-2015, 08:30 PM
update, it did not help, but many other apps now see the gpu fine. i guess it is a driver issue and this error msg was not present in the driver from asus.