PDA

View Full Version : G751JT-CH71 takes longer to wake from sleep than to boot

shelltaur
04-05-2015, 01:09 PM
After reinstalling windows 8.1 on my SSD so it'll boot in UEFI mode, I have gotten my boot time to less than seven seconds.

My primary concern is waking from sleep is annoyingly long. Perhaps it is me getting spoiled by a fast boot, but 20 seconds to wake from sleep is hard to sit through when my computer boots in a third of the time.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know I didn't configure something right, and I've looked at all of the reasonable options. Thank you.

Corporal
04-05-2015, 03:03 PM
20 seconds is definitely not normal. Have you installed the latest graphic drivers?

shelltaur
04-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Yea I've put the latest ones from nvidia on, I'm about to upgrade the firmware on my SSD later tonight due to mandatory Easter fun and I'll report back.

shelltaur
04-05-2015, 08:40 PM
An update to my issue, I enabled Secure Boot yesterday and the Plexor op rom stopped popping up, this may be the issue and I'll update here when I get home.

edit: I've tried disabling secure boot to no avail. Trying to install the display drivers from ASUS now, perhaps there is an issue with the ones straight from nvidia?

shelltaur
04-06-2015, 02:20 AM
I'm going to take my laptop to work tomorrow and see if our powers combined can figure this out, because I've looked at most everything I can think of. In sort of blasting the acronis image I took after I got everything set up the way I wanted, I can't find the issue.

A process has to be keeping my computer stuck in sleep, but I'm so frustrated that I'm going to have someone else look at it.

Cintron914
04-26-2015, 10:22 PM
Did you ever resolve this? Oddly enough, I had a weird issue with Acronis after I did a ssd swap. Install went fine and everything worked fine until I would open up a random program and it would get stuck in limbo. Long story short, I uninstalled Acronis and the issue was resolved. Could not be happier. Just wish I spent the extra $100 to get a 500gb. But I am sure throwing in an additional ssd as storage will be easy.

Clintlgm
04-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Yes there is really no need for sleep or hibernate, these SSD are booting so fast now days. I got rid of Acronis and am using Macrium Reflect Pro a little more expensive but no issues and good tech support and easy to use Support forum.
Sleep and Hibernate have always had issues for me years back until now. Now days there a less problems but they still pop up. I just shut down and I mean really shut down not the Hybrid shutdown. When I leave my notebook.