PDA

View Full Version : G751jy and just plain dvd drive instead of blu ray, ridiculous!

winylka
04-06-2015, 10:19 PM
I just got G751JY and it has just plain DVD drive. Well I just mean even old G73JY got choice of BD burner/ bluray player-dvd burner combo. It is f.... ridicoulous.
I thought it was a combo drive but it is just plain dvd drive, and I'm not able to watch BD on it. Ih the shop they said it scombo but it can't play BDs.

Really great.

joshindaphils
04-06-2015, 10:56 PM
I *think* all JYs come with at least a BD reader. Does it not have the BluRay logo on the drive? If it does you only need software like PowerDVD to play your BDs. Another way to check is when you insert the disc if you can browse the content. If you see the BDMV and Certificate folders you are good to go and you just need software to play the disc.

shelltaur
04-07-2015, 12:43 AM
I mean the product specifications do list exactly what you're getting.

Clintlgm
04-07-2015, 01:12 AM
Well you have to take into account where you are buying from. Best Buy, Tiger Direct and other sell with less quality parts to save you money. You really have to read the specification for the exact unit you are buying

OCFreak
04-07-2015, 05:21 AM
As far as I know - EVERY G751JT and G751JY sold in Norway/sweden/Denmark comes with DVDRW drive only. No bluray. :( You have to replace the drive yourself and buy bluray software. And yes it's poor considering the price tag.