PDA

View Full Version : question about g53 rubber foot

chemicalx
11-18-2011, 02:45 PM
A few days after getting my laptop back from Service Center, I noticed that 1 of its rubber feet disappears (image), it must be caused by the guys at Asus :mad: how careless, I gonna come back to ask for a new piece.
Just want to be sure, by looking at the image, is the rubber foot only thing missing here, is there a screw or anything else ? I really don't like my 1-month old laptop has anything less than perfection :cool:.

JRd1st
11-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Name the repair center. ;)

xeromist
11-18-2011, 07:30 PM
I can't see if there is a screw in there but it looks like there probably should be one. I think they took the foot off to get at that screw and forgot to put it back. :(

BrodyBoy
11-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I can't see if there is a screw in there but it looks like there probably should be one. I think they took the foot off to get at that screw and forgot to put it back. :(
Good point. That definitely looks like a screw hole. (And that would explain why they removed the foot.)

chemicalx
11-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Oh man, they just told me ASUS didn't have new piece for replacement, I can forget about the foot but the missing screw may affect the inner part of the laptop.
Other point, I have seen a clip of disassembling the G53sw, they didn't mention any screw under those feet, so what purpose is that hole for ?