PDA

View Full Version : G75vw Battery Replacement help please

Dirt
04-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Good day

I have a G75vw with the supplied battery , it s starting to take a poop and i need to replace it

I have a few questions concerning this

First would be , can i get a 12 cell battery ( or more ) for this laptop ?

I ve had a heck of a time even finding an 8 cell . They have a 12 cell for 249.00 but not for G75vw

Asus only has an 8 cell , and i cant find many particulars on it Im told important info to know is
They dont supply infos on Brand: Battery Type: Cell Origin: Assembly Origin: Warranty: Guarantee: or Useful Life:

Any infos on a 12 cell or better , or if impossible the best 8 cell i can buy will be appreciated

I spend long hours outdoors , esp. with my grand kids in a tent , we love to watch movies together on this laptop , and we def. need a new battery .

i considered portable power supplies like Paul Buff mini , but Paul says it wont supply my laptop properly , with the possibilirty of bad heat issues . They make a larger extreme unit , but the weight and foot print on it is way too much as is the price .

AFAIK Buff is the only supplier to come close in portable power supplies , but im stillopen to this avenue .

Portable power with true sine wave and 2 ac outlets is a dream , except none will power this laptop

Cheers

Clintlgm
04-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Good day

I have a G75vw with the supplied battery , it s starting to take a poop and i need to replace it

I have a few questions concerning this

First would be , can i get a 12 cell battery ( or more ) for this laptop ?

I ve had a heck of a time even finding an 8 cell . They have a 12 cell for 249.00 but not for G75vw

Asus only has an 8 cell , and i cant find many particulars on it Im told important info to know is
They dont supply infos on Brand: Battery Type: Cell Origin: Assembly Origin: Warranty: Guarantee: or Useful Life:

Any infos on a 12 cell or better , or if impossible the best 8 cell i can buy will be appreciated

I spend long hours outdoors , esp. with my grand kids in a tent , we love to watch movies together on this laptop , and we def. need a new battery .

i considered portable power supplies like Paul Buff mini , but Paul says it wont supply my laptop properly , with the possibilirty of bad heat issues . They make a larger extreme unit , but the weight and foot print on it is way too much as is the price .

AFAIK Buff is the only supplier to come close in portable power supplies , but im stillopen to this avenue .

Portable power with true sine wave and 2 ac outlets is a dream , except none will power this laptop

Cheers

Buy the original equipment from Asus