PDA

View Full Version : Rog g20aj uefi bios

alexyov1
04-10-2015, 01:07 PM
Hello guys, i'm looking for some help trying to figure out my new G20 bios, i just got the ROG G20AJ-CA004S with original BIOS 0601, i got an i7 4790, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb RAM and a 240gb SSD, i got Windows 8.1 Pro Media Center Edition, I want to install the OS my new SSD but I can't figure out how to boot from the DVD drive, this BIOS are completely different, so if someone has a step by step I'll really appreciate it, thanks guys.

alexyov1
04-10-2015, 10:49 PM
** SOLVED **
here's what I did, I googled : how to create an installation disc for Windows 8.1, it took me to the Microsoft website, follow the instructions, you'll download a disc or flash drive creator, (I already had a disc but didn't worked for me so I decided to create a flash drive), you'll need a drive at least 4gb but I highly recommend using an 8 or bigger, my 4gb wasn't big enough so I used my 16gb USB 3.0, the drive was created within 15 minutes, booted the computer and the drive was recognized as a bootable device, deleted everything from the original 1tb had, deleted the SSD as well but then I created a new volume and preceeded to install Windows there, the whole instalation lasted maybe 12 minutes, once I booted in my fresh Windows install I went and created a new drive, so everything is exactly how I wanted it. if I can help in any way, feel free to contact me.