PDA

View Full Version : What GPU drivers for 73JH please?

maurelo
11-19-2011, 02:15 AM
Hello fellows,

Im a new owner of this beauty called G73JH, and Im currently a little confused regarding what video drivers to use, there are so many articules regarding this that Im totally confused about this, and still cant find a correct answer.

My G73JH came with the 211 bios, so it was nice, then I did a clean install of W7HP, and proceeded direct to asus website and downloaded all drivers from there, included the VGA for the 5870.
So for so good, but Im wondering what to do If I want to download the latest from ATI website... would that be correct? or there are issues and problems? is there any performance improvement over the stock asus?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

xeromist
11-19-2011, 03:45 AM
Yes, you can download the drivers direct. That will get you the most recent optimizations and compatibility updates for new games. If you want to play the latest games I would in fact recommend doing that.

dstrakele
11-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Good advice, but be aware there have also been many posts from users reporting video issues after upgrading to recent NVIDIA and ATI drivers.

Josea
11-19-2011, 08:56 AM
I am about to upgrade to 11.11 CCC , I was under the impression that ASUS did not directly support Video driver updates (on the G73JH) to run the 11.X CCC series . Please see attached for the version I am using (I used the file in Chastity now famous driver thread from this forum)