PDA

View Full Version : GR8 - Windows 8.1 WiFi issues?

lawryyxd
04-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Hi everyone! :)

I recently purchased a GR8, and am very happy with how the system functions, however, there seems to be issues with the WiFi card, especially with ping(>700ms), as I get ridiculously slow (<20mb/s) speeds even on my 5Ghz network. This is not a router issue as my Macbook gets way above 100mb/s on the 5Ghz network..

Even on Ethernet I get similar speeds (WiFi turned off manually)
**btw, it is a Realtek RTL8811AU that registers as a USB 2.0 device? Is that supposed to be the case?

Am in the process of reinstalling Windows 8.1 without all the bloat, hopefully this works. Read online on several sources that Win 8.1 has issues with WiFi, all pointed to updating the WiFi drivers, which I already am on.. :(

Saw online that the drivers provided support Windows 7 too. I guess that will be my next OS to install if this reinstall fails to change anything :(

update: have yet to install WiFi drivers, but LAN was pre-installed, getting maximum speeds currently!!!!! :D
update #2: with bloatware removed, WiFi drivers seem to work perfectly. Now installing utilities one by one to see which one caused the problem?? (or maybe none will?) Sorry for the thread creation it seems I managed to resolve it (for now) hahaha...

BigRick
05-14-2015, 08:23 AM
What bloat ware is everyone mainly deleting I can't find anywhere that it's posted of recommendations on which stuff to delete

Dismal
01-18-2016, 04:25 AM
I don't know if this is related, but my GR6 was getting very slow speeds on Wi-Fi while my other devices on my network were normal at well over 100mb/s .

What I found, was that if I used the WiFi drivers from the asus EZ update it was slow. But if I went into Device Manager, right clicked on my wireless adapter and choose update driver, and let it download from windows update. For whatever reason that driver brought my speed way up where it should be.

Doesn't hurt to try!

toronto699
01-19-2016, 02:12 AM
try uninstalling Game First lll