PDA

View Full Version : G751jy switches back to windows tiles unexpectedly - almost solved

diogogmaio
04-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Hey guys

G751jy --- sometimes when I'm gaming or just browsing the pc goes back to the tiles screen. Randomly. I don't even use the touchpad so it's a bit strange. Anyone with this problem?

Clintlgm
04-13-2015, 01:07 PM
No idea what is causing your issues. Classic Shell will allow you to turn off all hot corners skip the Metro crap altogether and boot straight to your desktop log in just as you did in win 7, or XP

cl-Albert
04-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Hey guys

G751jy --- sometimes when I'm gaming or just browsing the pc goes back to the tiles screen. Randomly. I don't even use the touchpad so it's a bit strange. Anyone with this problem?

Hi,

If your touchpad is still enabled and you're using the notebook keyboard, try to disable the notebook touchpad if you don't need it with Fn+F9 (you can also use the touchpad Smart Gesture settings as mentioned below to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is plugged in if you prefer).

If disabling the touchpad helps solve the issue and you want to keep the touchpad enabled, check the thread below "Win8 Games Minimizing because of touchpad [solved]" to access the touchpad Smart Gesture settings and disable the touchpad edge gestures.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34995-Win8-Games-Minimizing-because-of-touchpad-solved&country=&status=

diogogmaio
04-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Thanks alot mate

diogogmaio
04-16-2015, 12:27 AM
What version of smart gesture for asus g751jy? because the one i'm using - 3.0.14 doesn't seem to work well. I disable the touchpad option when external mouse connected but the pc can't recognize when I try to plug a new mouse. The pc doesn't disable touchpad automatically. Please give me your toughts.

hmscott
04-16-2015, 08:07 AM
What version of smart gesture for asus g751jy? because the one i'm using - 3.0.14 doesn't seem to work well. I disable the touchpad option when external mouse connected but the pc can't recognize when I try to plug a new mouse. The pc doesn't disable touchpad automatically. Please give me your toughts.

diogogmaio, 3.0.11 is working for me, try uninstalling 3.0.14, reboot, and then install 3.0.11 - reboot and hopefully it will work.

Where did you download 3.0.14 from, URL?

Blackmoor
04-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Your issue sounds similar to what I was experiencing. I installed "Start Is Back" so I could avoid the default tiles in Windows 8.1.
I began to notice that it seemed every hour or so, it was as if someone pressed the Windows key which caused the Start Menu to pop up.
I finally realized this was happening every hour, at 40 minutes past the hour. I opened Control Panel, went into Administrative Tools,
found the Task Scheduler and looked at each entry. Sure enough, there was a task that was kicking off every hour, 40 minutes after the hour.
I disabled the task "ASUS Demo App Upload" and the problem went away.

Hope this helps you!