PDA

View Full Version : G75V Video card failure

Daddy_O_Three
04-16-2015, 04:10 PM
My G75V randomly shut down and would not power back on. I sent it off to Asus for repair work and was informed that the video card had failed and needed to be replaced. They also told me that it would cost almost $700 for the new card. I have found cheaper ones on other sites and I am sure I can do the work myself, but my question is will the Nvidia GTX 670M that is made for the G75VW fit in my G75? Or are there other video cards that would work that anyone would suggest replacing my failed card with? Thank you all for any help you can give me in this matter.

Daddy_O_Three

Clintlgm
04-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Well if you don't have a G75 VW then you must have a G75 VX they came out with an improved Video Card 670MX if I remember right. I have no idea if you can use any other Video card I would guess not. Also if I am remember right Asus uses Video cards that are specific to Asus models. Its not like desktops where you can just dump in a new card. My Guess is a dead Video Card would be fatal for either G75VW or G75VX at this point in time.

My Guess is you could buy a used G75VW or G75VX for about the same money as that repair job.