PDA

View Full Version : Are these temeratures normal for a ROG G750JM?

blackguard
04-17-2015, 01:13 PM
Some time ago I posted a few questions since I wanted to know a bit more about my laptop. Well I am in a pickle now. You see, I still have my doubts about temperatures and I would love to hear from you if any of you know what th temperatures for a laptop like this should be.

So I am curious. Those peaks right there, is the reading while I started battle.net real quick to update Hearthstone. And while it updateed. Now in idle you can see that the readings are all 40+ more or less. Also what temps should I watch out for while I game? Like max values? I read around here that people had some issues too with them and I want to be sure. Someone said that I am safe even upwards to 90 degrees celcius but I think that, that may be a bit too high wouldn't it?

Any help is apreciated, thank you in advance!

Oh and the laptop is this:
http://www.pcgarage.ro/notebook-laptop/asus/173-g750jm-t4019d-fhd-procesor-intel-core-i7-4710hq-25ghz-haswell-8gb-1tb-geforce-gtx-860m-2gb-black/?utm_source=mygarage.ro&utm_medium=product&utm_content=858646&utm_campaign=Notebook%20%2F%20Laptop

Even though it's in my native language I think you guys can figure out which specs are which.

GottiBoi55
04-19-2015, 01:03 AM
Some time ago I posted a few questions since I wanted to know a bit more about my laptop. Well I am in a pickle now. You see, I still have my doubts about temperatures and I would love to hear from you if any of you know what th temperatures for a laptop like this should be.

So I am curious. Those peaks right there, is the reading while I started battle.net real quick to update Hearthstone. And while it updateed. Now in idle you can see that the readings are all 40+ more or less. Also what temps should I watch out for while I game? Like max values? I read around here that people had some issues too with them and I want to be sure. Someone said that I am safe even upwards to 90 degrees celcius but I think that, that may be a bit too high wouldn't it?

Any help is apreciated, thank you in advance!

Oh and the laptop is this:
http://www.pcgarage.ro/notebook-laptop/asus/173-g750jm-t4019d-fhd-procesor-intel-core-i7-4710hq-25ghz-haswell-8gb-1tb-geforce-gtx-860m-2gb-black/?utm_source=mygarage.ro&utm_medium=product&utm_content=858646&utm_campaign=Notebook%20%2F%20Laptop

Even though it's in my native language I think you guys can figure out which specs are which.

Hi blackguard,
Yes, your temps look pretty much normal.
You have to realize your CPU is pulling double duty due to the Nvidia Optimus enabled graphics.
While Nvidia Optimus is enabled the CPU is running off the IGPU Intel HD4600 for all graphics, and not the GTX-860m graphics card.
The CPU temps will run slightly higher then a non-Optimus enabled Laptop.
Of course while the GTX-860M is enabled during gaming, or any other programs that are set to run by default the temps on the CPU will be some what lower.

Temp peaks upwards of 90c, and higher should only be experienced via stress test benchmarking.
You should only worry if temps reach the upper 90s-100c an above with normal use.
So you shouldn't worry about your temps at this time.

Hope this helps you my friend?

navis995
04-20-2015, 08:26 AM
It's fine man. Remember this is laptop and temperatures are always higher than on PC.
Your CPU will reach up to 90C when in load and above 90C when in stress mode (Almost 100% usage)
Your GPU will reach up to 93C as that is it's throttle point upon which it will lower the clocks in order to lower the temperatures.

blackguard
04-20-2015, 04:07 PM
Yes this helps very much. Thank you both :D . I know I am supose to expect higher temps as there's quite a lot of horse power stuck in a tiny little box and well, that sais a lot about air flow and stuff. But I just wasn't sure how high should I expect them to hit. My Desktop is pretty old but it's safe temp for the CPU or rahter max is 74.1 degrees, so I was scared, since in the back of my mind I wasn't sure.

Again thank you very much. I am much more at ease now. It's just that I posted on a forum in my country and dayum, the people there were like "70+ for borderlands 2? That's fukin' huge man"...So I just came here to ask, since this is the ASUS ROG laptop forum. And people around here should know far more better what's the deal :D

GottiBoi55
04-21-2015, 01:40 AM
You welcome my friend :D

blackguard
05-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Hey there, so finnaly managed to get to test the laptop on some Overwatch this fine weekend.
Were these the temps that you guys were talking about? so I gather that this is normal :D

JustinThyme
05-09-2016, 01:02 AM
Still within specs but at the top of the range. No matter how hard I push my G752VY The CPU doesnt pass 70C and the GPU doesnt pass 65C.

blackguard
05-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Ah well, mine is a bit of a older model I guess. I am planning to get one of those boards with a fan to put underneath eventually. I was a bit curious if it was still within the specs. This is as high as I've seen it go. There are no other games that I have that made those readings go so high thus far. Well I guess oerwatch is a brand new game to come up so they may still do a tad bit of tweaking until the 24th for release. Also the settings are set at medium quality...which is to say that I left most things on low minus the texture, render scale and rezolution...also models are on medium.