PDA

View Full Version : G751 JY-DH71 TV not showing up AUDIO

m.nelson0100
04-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Sorry to post this as I know there are similar post on the forums. I cannot get this to work for the life of me. I travel all over the country, 21 days at a time and every 4 or so years I get a new laptop to game etc. I just came from a MSI GT60 to the new, less than a moth old ROG G751. My issue is when I plug the cable to the TV the TV does not show up in the audio sound settings to select it and have
audio. I have show disabled devices checked, I have uninstalled all audio devices, drivers, Nvidia drivers etc. For the life of me I cant
figure it out.
Now I am in a hotel right now but the MSI never had this issue and I also have my PS4 with me on this trip (Bloodborne). The PS4 to tv in the room works flawless, no issues with audio at all.
If anyone out there has a fix that worked for them on this that would be great. Would like to watch movies or whatever with TV audio.
Thanks

Oh, I have searched the forums high and low, everything I have tried was more or less based on the previous post. Some similar some not. Also in Nvidia control panel all audio outputs are grayed out, I am assuming as the TV is not showing up at all that would be the
reason, video works great though!

hmscott
04-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Sorry to post this as I know there are similar post on the forums. I cannot get this to work for the life of me. I travel all over the country, 21 days at a time and every 4 or so years I get a new laptop to game etc. I just came from a MSI GT60 to the new, less than a moth old ROG G751. My issue is when I plug the cable to the TV the TV does not show up in the audio sound settings to select it and have
audio. I have show disabled devices checked, I have uninstalled all audio devices, drivers, Nvidia drivers etc. For the life of me I cant
figure it out.
Now I am in a hotel right now but the MSI never had this issue and I also have my PS4 with me on this trip (Bloodborne). The PS4 to tv in the room works flawless, no issues with audio at all.
If anyone out there has a fix that worked for them on this that would be great. Would like to watch movies or whatever with TV audio.
Thanks

Oh, I have searched the forums high and low, everything I have tried was more or less based on the previous post. Some similar some not. Also in Nvidia control panel all audio outputs are grayed out, I am assuming as the TV is not showing up at all that would be the
reason, video works great though!

m.nelson0100, that's very frustrating... it should just show up and work... what does the 2nd display settings show for that screen, and do you have it set to a separate desktop or an extended desktop?

What drivers are showing in the Programs and Features? When I do an install I do a Custom=>Clean install and uncheck the 3D driver(s) as I don't use 3D, did the HD Audio driver somehow get left out?

I don't have a 2nd Display handy right now, but previously I have been able to drive external HDMI with Audio. Some older TV's need to be powered off and then on with the Laptop connected to be recognized.

If the front desk has some HDMI cables, try a different cable... I know it seems odd, but some have reported cable swaps working - cables that work on other devices won't work on the laptop - could be a seating issue with connector depth / mating.

If you can, please post some Windows Snipping Tool shots of the sections that aren't showing correctly for you.

m.nelson0100
04-18-2015, 11:57 PM
I actually have 2 cables with me. Neither work. I am going to assume its this TV in the room and will try when I get home to my TV. If not I will contact Asus or exchange it where I purchased it. Ill let you know what happens. I have the same Nvidia driver as you installed for audio.

Thanks