PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G771JM Buggy Screen

MastherChief
04-19-2015, 12:38 AM
I am posting a video that lets you see what is happening; as it seems I am not able to explain it well enough. I have had this notebook for two weeks and the issues have been showing since day one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhA3tm0Qqag&feature=youtu.be

The gist is my screen turns off and on randomly and has thin black lines that flicker randomly through-out the screen. This only happens when I'm gaming, editing or doing anything that requires a lot of memory. This does not happen at any other time. I was told at one point it may be the monitor not connected properly, but that would lead me to believe I would see the problem at all times; I do not. I was also told it could be my GPU and that could be proven if I could capture the issue with my PC. I used OBS and did a monitor capture and the video does not show any of the visual discrepancies during the video playback that I see on the monitor during the actual game-play.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

I have tried many things, but want to know if there is anything else I can do before I send it in.

OCFreak
04-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Had this issues with an nvidia GTX980 desktop card, turned out the GPU/card was faulty. Returned it with a video clip, got new card - no questions asked. No problems since.

I guess you have already tried latest nvidia drivers. So I'd say it's a hardware issue.

Titan5011
04-21-2015, 05:39 PM
I have this same problem. I even returned my first G771JM because of a bad battery. I've had this problem with both laptops.
And I don't believe it's a hardware problem. It looks and acts nothing like a hardware problem.