PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding bloatware etc

SamGold
04-19-2015, 07:41 PM
Hi!

I am getting my new G751JT this weekend and im really pumped about it :)
I was wondering if there were alot of bloatware or other softwares preinstalled that slowed down the machine?
Often when i have bought laptops ive had to format as soon as i got em, is this the case with this fellow also?
I really like it when its only the important stuff installed... i have OCD :)

Thanks in advance

/Sam

TeMagic
04-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Hello Sam,

A little bit of bloatware, yes, but it can all be uninstalled from control panel's add/remove programs. Congrats on your new pc. I have the 751JY and I'm really impressed by it. You'll love the screen and how well your pc can handle games.

raazman
04-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Hello Sam,

A little bit of bloatware, yes, but it can all be uninstalled from control panel's add/remove programs. Congrats on your new pc. I have the 751JY and I'm really impressed by it. You'll love the screen and how well your pc can handle games.

Would you recommend wiping and reinstalling windows?

Kommandoh
04-19-2015, 08:28 PM
I asked the same question, and everybody said that it is easier to keep everything how it is. You can of course remove all the useless programs, but there is no real need to reinstall Windows.

raazman
04-19-2015, 09:09 PM
I asked the same question, and everybody said that it is easier to keep everything how it is. You can of course remove all the useless programs, but there is no real need to reinstall Windows.

Alright thanks. I wouldn't mind going through the hassle of re-installing drivers if that's all it entailed.

TeMagic
04-19-2015, 09:50 PM
Too much hassle to reinstall everything if you ask me... Spending a good few hours contra just deleting the few unnecessary apps via control panel. Not too much bloatware is my verdict, but still a little bit...

GhostriderZ85
04-19-2015, 10:50 PM
Hours? Eh, i did fresh install in around 30 minutes

TeMagic
04-19-2015, 11:31 PM
I thought about windows update too... Nevermind... Still wasted half an hour then...

SamGold
04-20-2015, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the replies all :)
I guess ill just have to wait and see for myself, i dont mind the hazzle reformating but maybe Its not worth it.
Ill post back as soon as i recieve it, maybe it differs from country to country :)

SamGold
04-20-2015, 09:38 AM
Btw are there some software u really dont wanna remove?

cyberworldc
04-20-2015, 01:43 PM
I've got a G751JY. It runs flawlessy, and it isn't really heavy on the bloatware area. They're easy to remove. The only program i removed by now was the Game First, because it was causing stuttering on a couple games.