PDA

View Full Version : G750 CPU fan not working?

KlsFs
04-20-2015, 08:54 AM
Hello guys, I recently found that my laptop's left fan is not working. The temperature will rise up to about 70C-90C when I load videos on chrome, and continuous usage will make it overheat and turns off instantly. I tried Notebook fan control, but however only my GPU fan is blowing air out and I cannot feel any air blowing out from the left vent. I have also noticed that the area under the left fan is significantly hotter than the one under the right fan
Is the CPU fan broken?

hmscott
04-20-2015, 09:04 AM
Hello guys, I recently found that my laptop's left fan is not working. The temperature will rise up to about 70C-90C when I load videos on chrome, and continuous usage will make it overheat and turns off instantly. I tried Notebook fan control, but however only my GPU fan is blowing air out and I cannot feel any air blowing out from the left vent. I have also noticed that the area under the left fan is significantly hotter than the one under the right fan
Is the CPU fan broken?

KlsFs, sounds like it's stopped spinning, unknown why, but it's an important item to make work, so you should debug with Asus via a Technical Inquiry that might lead to an RMA for repair.

There was another guy recently posting the exact same problem, and opened up his laptop to find there were chunks from an internal mounting broken and lodged in the fan exhaust keeping the fan from spinning.

I don't recommend pulling your laptop apart :)

Contact Asus:

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry describing the problem and what you have done to debug it / isolate it to a specific issue, and ask Asus to help you fix it.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

KlsFs
04-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Wow, that was fast. I have filed a Technical Inquiry to Asus, and thanks for helping out.
I suspected the fan stopped working because of wire faulty as I had similar experiences in the past with Asus notebook. However, it could also been that some foreign objects are blocking the vents.