PDA

View Full Version : g751jt HACKINTOSH?

aiiidawg
04-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Has anyone been successful installing hackintosh in their laptop. Ive tried experimenting with hackintosh in my g751jt but no luck, I went to the bios tweaked some things like vt-d disable and disable security to boot from usb but still nothing it loads but then freezes why in the process. I ve tried using virtualbox but still the same. I used all of niresh and the new Yosemite zone distro. Also retail version of both mavericks and Yosemite. Anyone have any luck out there?

joshindaphils
04-21-2015, 03:17 PM
I have a Yosemite on a VMWare image works great (no video acceleration though). Was upgraded from a Mavricks image I pulled from a torrent.

Here is a link to a youtube vid off the distro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8if_RhytN0c

Not posting infrining material for obvious resons.

aiiidawg
04-22-2015, 02:05 AM
if possible can you make a guide here from how to install mavericks to Yosemite? thanks for the reply

joshindaphils
04-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Can't remember exactly it has been some time now... it was dead simply just mount the .dmg the follow the prompts (as far as I recall), I might of needed to reinstall the VMWare tools again (google is your friend if needed)... again it has been a while. Sorry.

aiiidawg
04-23-2015, 10:09 PM
i tried using VMware and virtualbox but still no luck. I torrented mavericks and Yosemite zone both premodified/retail im still having no luck. I ve even tried to look at these websites:
http://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2u5dxq/install_fails_with_any_bootloader_at_starting/
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304191-yosemite-10101-sometimes-boot-into-black-screen/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/158903-asus-g751jt-ch71-compatibility.html

If anyone has the same interest please make a guide

aiiidawg
04-23-2015, 11:05 PM
update I disabled network. im using Yosemite zone via virtual box and got ack pm and fixed it by cmd(Administrator) ----> "cd" your location of your virtualbox folder ----> type: VBoxManage modifyvm "vmname" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff (Replace "vmname" with Virtual Machine name including quotation marks ---> Press enter and done. now im stuck again power management maybe incomplete or unsupoorted

joshindaphils
04-23-2015, 11:46 PM
I don't use Vitualbox due to a disdain of all things Oracle... If you are looking for a free (as in free to use vs. free to download ;) ) use VMware player.

Here is a guide and links etc. to the unlocker as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgK3GjKzv4U

hmscott
04-24-2015, 12:48 AM
Guys, there are nice new Macs out now that are affordable and should satisfy your need for MacOS, or get last years model for less.

MacOS on a G751JT won't be able to take advantage of the awesomeness of the hardware, and a VM without GPU acceleration would be a laggy slow waste of disk space.

Get a real Macintosh. Apple deserves the money, please keep sending it to them ;)

joshindaphils
04-24-2015, 11:07 AM
hmscott,

It all depends on the use case, I simply needed Safari and xcode (for the iOS simulator) to validate some front end web dev work I was doing. A few hours of my time to get it all going was far more affordable ;) I would of passed on the project if I needed to purchase hardware.

It gets a good 10FPS or so, which is plenty for my needs. It isn't even that bad for watching live streams of apple events :P

In another revision or two of the riMac and I think I'll have to pick one up, until then 40GB or so including various snapshots is earning its keep for future use.

hmscott
04-24-2015, 06:02 PM
hmscott,

It all depends on the use case, I simply needed Safari and xcode (for the iOS simulator) to validate some front end web dev work I was doing. A few hours of my time to get it all going was far more affordable ;) I would of passed on the project if I needed to purchase hardware.

It gets a good 10FPS or so, which is plenty for my needs. It isn't even that bad for watching live streams of apple events :P

In another revision or two of the iMac and I think I'll have to pick one up, until then 40GB or so including various snapshots is earning its keep for future use.

joshindaphils, always get the job/contract to pay for the resources. It is an imperative to get the client to recognize what you need and for them to pony up what is needed to get things done, even if they have to loan the Macintosh to you from their inventory for the project - sometimes you can work out a deal to keep the hardware past this particular project to keep enhancing your value to the client for future work :)

So, for me, I am thinking a new Mac Mini... and an iPhone 6 Plus - it's almost large enough to use again, but I'm gonna wait for a few generations of the Apple Watch, gotta let them get the bugs out and the features found :)

joshindaphils
04-25-2015, 10:59 AM
joshindaphils, always get the job/contract to pay for the resources. It is an imperative to get the client to recognize what you need and for them to pony up what is needed to get things done, even if they have to loan the Macintosh to you from their inventory for the project - sometimes you can work out a deal to keep the hardware past this particular project to keep enhancing your value to the client for future work :)

So, for me, I am thinking a new Mac Mini... and an iPhone 6 Plus - it's almost large enough to use again, but I'm gonna wait for a few generations of the Apple Watch, gotta let them get the bugs out and the features found :)

While off topic I assure you my client paid for the VM in the forum of ~3 hours of my billable rate and were quite aware of what was needed. Without a doubt my client is far happier with this, than me hitting them up for a new/new to me Mac (loaner not feasible nor after all required). As a general rule I opt for the least cost option when relevant capability is the same, in particular when dealing with clients purely as a matter of respect.

Back on topic, the VM also adds ease and functionality that a physical box doesn't. I don't need it to take up more room / eat further into my electricity bill. I can clone it and have two machines to play with within mere seconds. I can use snapshots to quickly swap between machine states i.e. mavericks vs. yosemite. It cost far less to acquire.

So long as the limitations of the VM are not a concern it is the superior option in many ways.