PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP: Laptop start up, screen flashing, caps lock blinking, no bios or windows

maxreaper
04-21-2015, 11:36 PM
Tech gurus please! I have posted once here awhile ago hoping that is the only problem with my Asia g750. Turns out, not the only problem!

I turned off my laptop last night and tried to boot it up so that I can prep for school and check on my assignment. But this time, it does not turn on.
The screen flashes on then off while the disc drive just runs then stop consistently. I manage to open the disc drive and left the bay ajar and it still continues to flash on and off. The keyboard light remains on but the caps lock blinks simultaneously with the screen. Everything connected has been removed and it is on battery and ac power and it is still happening. There is no cmos or bios or windows screen. I am running an ssd so I am familiar with the startup times on my laptop and yet this time it has been going on consistently. Help please! I have exams in May and all my work is inside!

maxreaper
04-22-2015, 12:04 AM
Update: the computer will Proceed into windows log in if I bypass the boot up through the bios. I mash f2 until the bios is up, proceeded to discard all changes or even save changes and restart and it will load my windows as normal again. If I shutdown or restart, it goes back into the same problem.

maxreaper
04-22-2015, 12:12 AM
Update 2: I dig into bios and started randomly disabled fast boot and now it loads up as normal. Can anyone clarify what and why is this happening?