PDA

View Full Version : Dude in ASUS GPU Tweak for Laptops & ROG G750JZ

Yuluga
04-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Good, then go, searching and searching, I discovered that "ASUS GPU Tweak Dude in for Laptops" was needed for more power on my new computer "ROG G750JZ", however I have some doubts.

When you start the application and marked on the "GPU Overlock" Why?

When lit Run Fan GPU fans to both got up, put the two options off and restart, now this normal as usual PC.

I see that this program continues modify data or anything, just lets you activate or deactivate, I leave you with a picture of what makes me and you say what you think.

Then when I dial "on" in these options? Having it enabled long time is bad? If I'm playing a game, eventually can cause harm any material or these values not in danger?

Thank you! I look forward

navis995
04-22-2015, 09:05 PM
GPU overclock is the default OC that makes this card for what it is.
Without this OC it's the same as having 780M, basically this is the cards full power.
If you want to furthermore OC it you have to use MSI Afterburner and do it there.

Run GPU Fan on Full Speed does what it says plus it also runs your CPU fan to the max as well. That is useful if you have OC your CPU and/or CPU and want to keep your temperatures under the control. You turn this on and there is no danger of overheating.

Cheers

Yuluga
04-22-2015, 11:38 PM
GPU overclock is the default OC that makes this card for what it is.
Without this OC it's the same as having 780M, basically this is the cards full power.
If you want to furthermore OC it you have to use MSI Afterburner and do it there.

Run GPU Fan on Full Speed does what it says plus it also runs your CPU fan to the max as well. That is useful if you have OC your CPU and/or CPU and want to keep your temperatures under the control. You turn this on and there is no danger of overheating.

Cheers
finally someone help me! thank you very much! : D then "GPU Tweak" only helps to keep the temperature up fans? OC I have to use "MSI Afterburner" and put the settings I quote me before?

GPU: Memory + 500Mhz, 100Mhz Core +, Voltage: 1075
CPU Multiplier 36 (Also on cache clock), Voltage -70mV

You always keep the OC for all or just playing really CPu Reaches temperatures 90 C and 93 C GPU are good and no problem?

Anything else I should know? Thank you so much!

Thanks bro!

navis995
04-23-2015, 12:41 AM
I only apply OC when I play games, because there's no point in having OC when you're not doing anything that really uses your components.

Basically yeah the program force the fans to go to the maximum making your temperatures as low as possible.

For GPU OC you use MSI Afterburner and for CPU OC you use Intel Utility.

BUT BEWARE, you can damage your components if you're not careful so please read tutorials and explanations on how to do it and how to use it because if you screw it up it's on you.

T depends from game to game. GTA V is really intensive as it is a very demanding game that's why the T are so high.

No it does not damage your components as the laptop like this is made for gaming and temperatures aren't issue.

It would be a problem thought if it would be ruining at these temperatures all the time.

There's nothing more to tell you about his subject for now I guess. Always try to educate yourself as much as possible and of course ask so you know if you're doing it right, because the last thing you want is a dead laptop.

Cheers ;)

hmscott
04-23-2015, 06:17 AM
anvis995, you aren't going to damage the hardware by OC'ing using GPU Tweak, MSI Afterburner, or Intel XTU.

There are limits built into the CPU/GPU BIOS/vBIOS that set a maximum for the GPU clock OC, and the CPU multipliers.

The only "damage" you will have is a display driver crash or OS BSOD if you OC the GPU memory too far - you won't damage the memory, you will just tune beyond it's limits and the display driver will crash which may or may not cause the app/OS to BSOD

Physical damage to the CPU/GPU won't result. These aren't unlocked BIOS/vBIOS / parts, they are limited in their tuning ability, so you won't damage them.

That isn't to say that if you have a flaky component, like a GPU/memory or CPU on the edge of failing that OC'ing won't tip it over the edge to failure - but that is a good thing, then you can get the laptop RMA'd or returned and get one that is a good stable part.

And, if you use Balanced Power plan the CPU will downclock during idle, so you can leave the OC on all the time. Same for Nvidia 3D, Power Management Mode: Adaptive - that will downclock the GPU/memory speed while idle. I can always leave the OC on this way. :)

Yulga, see it wasn't that hard to find the postings with OC info, was it?

It is too time consuming for people to post the same answers over and over and over, even though I do it all the time. That is why you won't get responses to common questions, everyone has already solved them, posted the solutions, and moved on. You are coming in late in the game, the G750JZ has been around a long time now, it's best to read the history now rather than ask the same old questions anew.

Look at my profile, and read threads I have started and postings I have made, there is a lot of good info there - built on exchanges with lots of people needing solutions to problems you will likely experience. And, there are lots of other people with similarly helpful postings, read their postings too.

Keep searching and reading, it is a personal organic process of discovery :)

Yuluga
04-23-2015, 12:37 PM
thank you all! Man is a very sensitive issue and that I should be careful, is a new world for me, even blow not the issue until needed. but if I have never seen a complete tutorial on my team. I am over Spanish and I see no tutorial to my language! then cost me learn more, thank you! any doubt ask you, to see how it! >_<