PDA

View Full Version : Issues With headphone jack on Asus Rog G751jy

CrowsRevenge
04-23-2015, 09:54 PM
Earlier today I had to remove my headset to show something to a coworker. When I plugged my headset back in I noticed that my audio output was about half to a 1/3 of the levels beforehand. Will Try redoing the audio driver but I have zero issues with the speakers. Only my headphone jack is messing up and was working fine when I disconnected the jack.

hmscott
04-24-2015, 02:03 AM
Earlier today I had to remove my headset to show something to a coworker. When I plugged my headset back in I noticed that my audio output was about half to a 1/3 of the levels beforehand. Will Try redoing the audio driver but I have zero issues with the speakers. Only my headphone jack is messing up and was working fine when I disconnected the jack.

CrowsRevenge, did you disable the notification that comes up when plugging in/out the headphones? That mutes the audio until you click to acknowledge the change, and that might mess with the level in/out of the acknowledgement. I have disabled mine so I can plug in/out and it switches to/from headphones immediately, but I still get the notification.

Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager and right click on the Headphone Jack image shown here on the right side, and select Connector Retasking...

Then uncheck the option to display a dialog when changing the output from Speakers to Headphones

Also, there is a setting in the Sound Control Panel / Communications tab to change the volume by a fixed amount when interruption from another source occurs, like a phone call - but change from speakers to headphone might do it too - so I disable it as well.

And, last and probably least, here for completeness, I disable the Exclusive option for audio devices properties in the Sound Control Panel, (Speakers) Properties, Advanced Tab (I do it for all audio devices btw)

Please try those settings and see if the audio drops stop, and please come back and let us know if that worked, or if something else fixes it for you :)

CrowsRevenge
04-24-2015, 02:45 AM
CrowsRevenge, did you disable the notification that comes up when plugging in/out the headphones? That mutes the audio until you click to acknowledge the change, and that might mess with the level in/out of the acknowledgement. I have disabled mine so I can plug in/out and it switches to/from headphones immediately, but I still get the notification.

Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager and right click on the Headphone Jack image shown here on the right side, and select Connector Retasking...

Then uncheck the option to display a dialog when changing the output from Speakers to Headphones

Also, there is a setting in the Sound Control Panel / Communications tab to change the volume by a fixed amount when interruption from another source occurs, like a phone call - but change from speakers to headphone might do it too - so I disable it as well.

And, last and probably least, here for completeness, I disable the Exclusive option for audio devices properties in the Sound Control Panel, (Speakers) Properties, Advanced Tab (I do it for all audio devices btw)

Please try those settings and see if the audio drops stop, and please come back and let us know if that worked, or if something else fixes it for you :)

Thank you for the very helpful advice. These steps definitely addressed my issue. One small thing is that in my version of the real tek audio manager for the first step I was unable to select that option on the button on the analog selection. It's located on the top right section of the app and is under the settings gear icon.

hmscott
04-24-2015, 02:48 AM
Thank you for the very helpful advise. These steps definitely addressed my issue. One small thing is that in my version of the real tek audio manager for the first step I was unable to select that option on the button on the analog selection. It's located on the top right section of the app and is under the settings gear icon.

CrowsRevenge, the right click on the headphone jack should be ok going way back in versions, I have .7459, but you need to have the Headphones plugged in to use / set it :)

When the headphones, or something else analog is plugged into that jack, it will show as Black in the Realtek HD Audio Manager and you can right click to set it, when nothing is plugged in, it will be Grey and right click won't work.

nilsandrekaar
05-26-2015, 07:56 PM
This does not work for me, i have had the PC for 4 days, and it does not work.