PDA

View Full Version : ROG G750JZ gamma very high screen?

Yuluga
04-25-2015, 10:14 AM
Hi! I'm very happy with my G750JZ and I hope it lasts for years, but I have noticed that the screen has a very high gamma (in games no), I had to set it up to have a better fit. Is this normal? Even so I still see a little high white, accustomed to my previous G56JK (I notice that the latter had better screen and also mate). So I wonder if that's normal, I suppose so, to stay calmer

hmscott
04-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Hi! I'm very happy with my G750JZ and I hope it lasts for years, but I have noticed that the screen has a very high gamma (in games no), I had to set it up to have a better fit. Is this normal? Even so I still see a little high white, accustomed to my previous G56JK (I notice that the latter had better screen and also mate). So I wonder if that's normal, I suppose so, to stay calmer

Yuluga, after uninstalling Asus Splendid the weird screen tints, colors, and effects should go away (reboot after uninstall).

Setting the Nvidia control panel settings to Application and not use the Nvidia color tweaking is the best idea, you can waste a lot of time trying to get things "right" with those controls.

I found that use the ICC profile from Splendid - not installing the app, just pulling the ICC profile from the Splendid package, and installing it works great.

Which screen do you have? You need to know that first to pick the correct ICC profile from the Splendid package.

You can use a hardware inventory program like hwinfo64 to look at the monitor details:

I have an AUO219D model, and in the Splendid installer, you look here to find the matching ICC profile:

For my G750JHA I used the G750JHA_10DE_AFO6219D - and then I installed it via Windows Color Management Control Panel

Click Add and select the ICC file for your laptop/display.

Select Set As Default Profile,

Then it is selectable within the systems ICC color profiles drop down menus, as needed.

You should now be able to reboot and the setting will get reapplied.

If you still feel you need to readjust the gamma, try turning down the Brightness.

The AUO display in particular has a retina searing brightness at 100% default setting - I run mine at or below 70% most of the time, unless I am outside.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)