PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with Nvidia 760? Freezing solid colors on game startup.(G20AJ-B09)

Ryhailey
04-28-2015, 06:47 AM
Hello all,

I have had this pc for a few months now but haven't really tried any very graphic intensive games on it until now. I have played some minecraft and my wife has played quite a bit of Sims 3 and neither of those games have this issue.

I have been trying to play Elder Scrolls Online and Stranded deep but both games about 5 minutes in the screen will turn a solid color (different colors never really constant) and freeze, all audio is gone as well. At this point I have to do a hard reboot.

Today I decided to try the hdmi port for the intel graphics and everything runs and doesn't freeze up but I have to end up turning all the graphics settings to pretty much the lowest possible to make the games playable.

I called asus support today and that was a pretty unpleasant experience... There was no troubleshooting done, guy just said well looks like your drivers are up to date and suggested I take it to geek squad.

If anyone has any suggestions on what may be the problem and some suggestions on how to fix it that would be amazing.

Thanks.

Ryhailey
04-28-2015, 06:56 AM
Sorry for the double post thought I was making an edit but apparently not. If a mod could delete my other post that would be great.