PDA

View Full Version : A few Quick Questions from new G751JT 7070H Owner

Poison Pixie
04-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Greetings fellow ROG owners! I have owned a new ROG for about 2 weeks now. Everything appears to run fine but I just had a few quick questions. 1. Is it normal to have quite warm air coming from the fans at the back? 2. Is there any reliable programmes which wont void my warranty, that u guys use to check CPU and GPU temps? 3. is there any settings I need to check to ensure my machine runs at optimum?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a computer noob but I love gaming?

Rammstein874
04-29-2015, 08:49 PM
Greetings fellow ROG owners! I have owned a new ROG for about 2 weeks now. Everything appears to run fine but I just had a few quick questions. 1. Is it normal to have quite warm air coming from the fans at the back? 2. Is there any reliable programmes which wont void my warranty, that u guys use to check CPU and GPU temps? 3. is there any settings I need to check to ensure my machine runs at optimum?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a computer noob but I love gaming?

1. Yes warm air is 100% normal to come out from the back! There are fans there.
2. You can use like CPU-z or download the Asus GPU Tweak tool
3. Make sure drivers and bios is update to date. Also make sure to use NVIDIA GeForce Experience to fix the settings with your game.

If i missed anything or any other questions let us know!

Clintlgm
04-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Well Hwinfo64 (http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php) is a great little program that will allow you to see your Loads Temps and fan speeds among a lot of other features and free. It will also let you create a text log while you run your games etc to see how your doing.
Furmark will stress your GPU. I use Burn in test to stress the CPU to 100% this one is paid for but there must be a free one out there.
Warm air coming out the back means you cooling system is working

Poison Pixie
04-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys. I will have a good look at some of that software, especially as I definitely want to check my CPU and GPU are not running too hot. Nooby question but how do I check my drivers and bios is up to date? Oh is it true you can safely overclock using the GPU tweak? I have never done any overclocking but it would be nice to get a bit more juice out of it?

Clintlgm
04-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Asus Support Download (http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1) to find all the Asus approved drivers and software for your notebook.
Also Hwinfo64 will show you all your hardware brand names models serial numbers software versions BIOS Version

Poison Pixie
04-29-2015, 09:59 PM
thanks soooo much. I love having a forum where I can ask questions to friendly people. Thanks very much! :)