PDA

View Full Version : Help! G751jy screen horrible playing games, but external monitor fine?

diogogmaio
04-30-2015, 06:25 PM
I'm using latest nvidia drivers. And already installed again.All my games look blurry but if i connect an external monitor everyting is fine. But if i play on my G751jy screen it's horrible. dark and with blur (like motion blur in games). I tested with cs go and bf4. The two have the same condition and if i connect my benq external monitor everything is beautiful. Is this a feature from asus??? what's happening?

diogogmaio
05-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Anyone please?? external monitor totally fine but the laptop monitor is blurry and dark. what's happening? should i try different drivers?

cl-Albert
05-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Hi,

It doesn't sound like it is a common problem, so can you provide a picture or more information about the problem?

Yes, which vga driver version are you running and have you tried running the games at different screen resolutions?

How long have you had the notebook and has the problem always been there?

Are there any problems with the notebook screen if you are doing other things like browsing the web, watching videos, etc.?

Does it sound like a hardware problem with the screen or are you able to compare with another unit at a store?

Sorry for all the questions, but just trying to get a better idea of what is going on. Thanks.

diogogmaio
05-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Hi,

It doesn't sound like it is a common problem, so can you provide a picture or more information about the problem?

Yes, which vga driver version are you running and have you tried running the games at different screen resolutions?

How long have you had the notebook and has the problem always been there?

Are there any problems with the notebook screen if you are doing other things like browsing the web, watching videos, etc.?

Does it sound like a hardware problem with the screen or are you able to compare with another unit at a store?

Sorry for all the questions, but just trying to get a better idea of what is going on. Thanks.

I'm running the latest nvidia driver from nvidia not asus. In the external benq monitor is tottally fine. In the laptop monitor is not fine.i'm not sure if the problem was there from the beginning because i always played with the benq monitor.there is zero problems in browsing or anything beside gaming. i cannot compare with anything from a store. I don't know if it is hardware related. i will try the drivers from the asus site and compare and then the original drivers. thanks

diogogmaio
05-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Ok so i installed the latest driver from asus g751jy support area. i'm surprised with the 75hz i didn't know about that. Mylsaptop monitor is in 75hz and still mantains that small blur and darkness. Is this related to the 75hz? I mean...that could explain everything? So the 75hz is darker and a has a little blur with you guys? I think that's the issue. I have a benq but only 60hz so that could be the difference. Can someone shed some light on the 75hz / 60 hz discussion here?

diogogmaio
05-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Also why the nvidia driver from asus is the only one that enables the 75hz? is this normal? which is best? up to date driver or asus support nvidia driver? Thanks a lot