PDA

View Full Version : ROG G750JY won't start

valdemar
05-02-2015, 07:44 AM
Hi everybody,
I'm having a problem with my Asus G750JY: I was playing GTA V for the first time, and after 1 hour of playing, the screen went black and it started emitting an awful noise from the speakers. Now when I try to turn it on, only the keypad, wifi, and lighting status LEDs turn on, and nothing else. No vents, no drives, screen, nothing. I think it's an issue with the BIOS, because when i put the stock BIOS into a usb and left it plugged into the laptop for few minutes, something changed. Vents were working, as well as the hard drive and the backlit keyboard, but nothing showed on the screen, and after five minutes, i shut it down again and it went back to its previous status.
What do you think I should do? I'm a bit panicked and angry, considering that I use it to work and study as well as gaming, and also that I bought it just 2 months ago.
Thank you in advance for the replies.
I hope my english is not messed up.

code9523
05-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Don't waste your time searching forums for remote blind diagnostics))) Send it to asus the will fix it!

hmscott
05-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm having a problem with my Asus G750JY: I was playing GTA V for the first time, and after 1 hour of playing, the screen went black and it started emitting an awful noise from the speakers. Now when I try to turn it on, only the keypad, wifi, and lighting status LEDs turn on, and nothing else. No vents, no drives, screen, nothing. I think it's an issue with the BIOS, because when i put the stock BIOS into a usb and left it plugged into the laptop for few minutes, something changed. Vents were working, as well as the hard drive and the backlit keyboard, but nothing showed on the screen, and after five minutes, i shut it down again and it went back to its previous status.
What do you think I should do? I'm a bit panicked and angry, considering that I use it to work and study as well as gaming, and also that I bought it just 2 months ago.
Thank you in advance for the replies.
I hope my english is not messed up.

Sounds like a hardware failure... if you want to try it, you could pull the SSD/HDD's and power up into the BIOS to see if it is a SSD/HDD failure - but if you are still dead, you should send it in right away to get it fixed by Asus. 2 months is too far out for a return to most sellers, but you could call them first and ask if they can swap you a new one, but they will likely tell you to RMA through Asus.

https://vip.asus.com <== create login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry and ask for help debugging / repairing your laptop, request an RMA.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)