PDA

View Full Version : G750JW Deployed please help!!!

Mterkawi
05-03-2015, 02:52 AM
Today I bought a G750JW for really cheap but it had no hard drive. It booted into BIOS no problem so I found a HDD that I could use. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit CD that I boot from but after it shows the black and grey progress bar (windows is loading files...) it shows the windows icon (Starting Windows) and freezes there. Im sure theres already a thread and I tried to look but my internet is really bad here, so any help is greatly appreciated. This windows 7 image is the only one I have been able to find but I used it on another computer today and it was fine. Im also sure that the hard drive i'm trying to use works. I also tried using the same windows 7 image and booting from a USB I made with Rufus, but it wouldnt recognize the USB in the BIOS. But I have never been able to get Rufus to work so maybe I just suck. I understand that drivers will be another issue so for now im just trying to get this thing running. So i'm pretty limited but if anyone can come up with any ideas I would be really grateful. Thanks.

Dcite
05-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Is it actually an SSD or a HDD? Since I thought windows 7 does not support SSD initially.

How long does it hang on the windows logo? More than 5 minutes? Since just saying it's stuck could be anywhere from 10 seconds to 4 hours :)