PDA

View Full Version : AI Suite II & Fan xpert 2

razorseal
05-03-2015, 05:09 AM
I just got a Z77 Sabertooth (yes, not ROG. waiting on skylake for a ROG board) and I'm ready to put everything in the case. I got a Corsair 780T which has it's own fan controller with 3 settings. I was thinking about utilizing fan xpert 2, and wanted your opinions. I've seen some reviews of both fan xpert 2 and 3 and both seem good. is 2 smart enough to figure out the fans and work efficiently though?

I'll be using a Swiftech H240X cooling system, and I'm going to run pump and fan speeds from the CPU fan (some just give full power to the radiator pump, and some let the CPU heat control pump power via the the splitter they provide which also controls the fan speeds)

I'll have 2x140 intakes on front, 1x120 intake at bottom, PSU will be exhaust along with 1 rear 140 exhaust. I think I'm going to do a push setup where I'll bring in ambient air into the radiators for better cooling.

so will fan xpert 2 work well with this setup, controlling fan speeds? (all fans are DC, no PWM except radiator fans)

also, I run windows 8. How well does windows 8 and AI Suite II & Fan Xpert 2 run?

and lastly, will AI Suite always need to be running to control the fans? if it crashes, or something else happens, what happens to fan speeds? I feel like case fan contol is a better choice, but I also believe if fan xpert can figure things out, it will be more efficient...

Looking for advice

Clintlgm
05-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Whether you use AI II or AI III depends on what your mother board will support! Asus Support Downloads (http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1) Download the latest one that your motherboard supports and give it ago. I have never used AI II only AI and AI III fan expert worked well for me and continues to work well. I would think that your fans on the Radiator and the water pump would both be controlled by the CPU Temp. I haven't use water cooling but it not logical to have anything that is protecting your CPU Temp for your CPU Temp to control it. Unless you just want a wind machine screaming all day long?