PDA

View Full Version : g56 case opened slightly in corner next to the left hinge problem

fmedinamaza
05-04-2015, 01:40 AM
Hi all!

I was just wondering if somebody could give me orientation about a problem I have with my G56 laptop.

The issue is that the case has opened slightly in a corner, more specifically in the corner next to the left hinge. So I just wanted to know if this kind of reparation is covered by my warranty and, if not, if it would be worth it to repair it in terms of cost. If you could give me an orientation on how much could this cost, I would be grateful.

Thanks!

fmedinamaza
05-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Am I the only one experiencing this problem??

I knew I was unlucky, but not so much :(

MrRuckus
05-06-2015, 05:13 PM
My wife has a Asus U46 that had a similar problem happen close to the hinge. But we believe it happened from a drop that occurred with one of the kids. It turned out to be a screw that holds the screens face and back together had stripped. The screws for the screen on her laptop were under little plastic tabs that hid the screws. If I had to guess, I would guess the screws are under the triangle rubber feet on my G750's screen. Not sure about your G56.

Since her laptop has an aluminum body, the corner started to peel up. So before it got any worse, I had to use epoxy and a c-clamp to keep it together. That even failed, because the screen bends ever so slightly when opening and closing. I had to run epoxy all up and down the side to get it to stick. Its been that way for probably 2 years or more without issue.

If you can do it yourself, I would probably go that route. Hinges are definitely a tricky location because you put epoxy in the wrong place, your laptop may not open.