PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Replacing G751 broken screen.

stonekar
05-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I normally never post to forums but I would really rather not pay $100 to have a "professional" replace my screen when I think I can do it with a little help.

After cracking my screen, I ordered a new one off of Amazon. I've watched plenty of screen replacement videos on YouTube and it seems simple enough, however, the G751's screen mounting is different than any of the videos I've seen. I also can't find anything online about how to do it. It has no front bezzels for the screws as far as I can tell. I would really appreciate any help or pictures that can guide me in removing the screen- I think I can take it from there with the replacement.

Thanks!!
- Karl

Cheetah
05-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Thanks for this post!
Nice to see there are screens available for these Asus G751 laptops......and for a good price!!!

I used to work for a major airline where they use an Inflight entertainment system to show videos to the passengers.
Those small screens cost $5000 to replace.

stonekar
05-06-2015, 12:34 AM
So does anyone know how to remove the screen though?? Help please :(

arrtaas
05-06-2015, 03:00 AM
Hey,

While i was troubleshooting on my laptop i had removed my screen completely and put it back again. Simple steps:
1. unscrew your whole laptop
2. remove rear speakers
3. remove keyboard
4. UNPLUG BATTERY <-- THE MOST IMPORTANT PART
5. unplug LED screen connector
6. unscrew screen from the laptop
7. remove 4 small plastic screw covers from the bottom of the screen.
8. Unscrew those screws.
9. And you can do everything else yourself, unscrew all the screws remaining.

Good Luck!

AGAIN BEFORE YOU UNHOOK THE LED SCREEN YOU MUST UNHOOK YOUR BATTERY, otherwise you gonna burn something on the motherboard.

stonekar
05-06-2015, 03:34 AM
great. thanks so much!

rogjoke
04-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Thank god for those of you that run this site, a wealth of knowledge here!
I broke my touchscreen on the G751-jm (best buy model) Does anyone know if I can replace it with a non-touchscreen? I've never been a fan of it and almost never used touch screen anyways. Not to mention it seems it would be more expensive than a non-touch screen one. Unfortunately I use this computer to make a living and am not in a position to buy another anytime soon. I would greatly appreciate anyone willing to share their knowledge on this, I can't seem to find a definitive after several hours of searching the web. Thanks in advance!