PDA

View Full Version : [HELP!] G75VX - Ethernet Controller Win7 Driver Not Found

Victimized
05-04-2015, 05:38 PM
So I just bought myself a G75VX today and it had Win 8 pre-installed.
Since I can't stand that disgustingly confusing touch-based OS, I completely wiped my computer and installed Win 7 Ultimate x64.

What I didn't realise was that I now had to manually install each and every driver and though I've found most of them, I can't seem to find the correct driver for Ethernet Controller. At first, WiFi didn't work.. but after installing a 802.11-driver I finally got it to work. However, the Ethernet Controller will not work and I have tried everything by now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Victimized

C4RN1
05-05-2015, 02:29 AM
Hit the windows key and type "windows update" and press enter.

Click "change settings" on the left

Under Important updates change to the setting "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" and click ok.

Look under optional updates for Lan driver, It may also be under critical or important updates.

Select the updates you want to install and click enter, keep in mind that the important ones will be checked so uncheck them if you don't want to install them.

You can also try the atheros lan driver for windows 7 I found. Though it's best to get it automatically through windows update.

Link for Atheros Lan Driver for Windows 7 (http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/Atheros/Asus-G75VW-Notebook-Atheros-LAN-Driver-2088.shtml)

Good luck, let us know how it goes.