PDA

View Full Version : G20 issue

Vkevint
05-04-2015, 09:02 PM
so I purchased my g20 a couple of months back and today when I tried starting it up the fans are on max speed but there no display. I've tried using HDMI and other monitors but int doesn't show any display, just the fans are really loud and my keyboard lights up along with the case . Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Vkevint
05-05-2015, 04:26 AM
I'm able to use onboard graphics and use the computer but the gpu fan is stuck at max and e gpu itself isn't being detected

Monkiki
05-05-2015, 04:41 PM
It sounds like your dedicated GPU failed. Which card do you have? There have been reports of 700-series failing. If you can, might be worth testing another card and maybe disable VirtuWatt if you haven't already.

Ravenholme
05-08-2015, 02:27 PM
if you haven't replaced anything from purchase date, it's possible it's the GTX760 that kicked the bucket. If you replaced the video card and only have one of the PSUs (180w or 230w only) then it's a Power issue. if you have both PSUs after the fact (as in it wasn't the original setup) and you adjusted the jumpers, then it's most likely the GTX760 card itself… unless you set the jumpers wrong for the power distribution.