PDA

View Full Version : G751JT-CH71 Left Fan Noise - Need Repair?

FWKnight
05-06-2015, 01:00 PM
My left fan is making a weird noise at low speed, see video below. When gaming and the fan spins up it sounds fine. This just started, ive had the laptop for 2 months. Any suggestions?

https://youtu.be/1E6OERBF9E4

hmscott
05-07-2015, 04:24 AM
My left fan is making a weird noise at low speed, see video below. When gaming and the fan spins up it sounds fine. This just started, ive had the laptop for 2 months. Any suggestions?

https://youtu.be/1E6OERBF9E4

FWKnight, it sounds like something wedged itself in there and the fans are hitting it, whatever it is - or the fan body has become unbalanced and is making that noise.

You could try shooting some compressed air into the exhaust while the computer is off and see if you can unwedge the object - if one exists.

Or, you can RMA to Asus to get the fan replaced.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry and attach the video as a zip file to the TI.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

FWKnight
05-18-2015, 12:33 AM
So I opened a ticket and they gave it a listen and said it was ok given that at increased speed it was fine, since its been a week it seems to be correcting itself slowly so thats good, guess a spec of something is slowing being chewed away by the blades. So all is well. I did feel bad for tech support though, they said they couldn't view youTube cause it wasn't available in their country, that's a bummer!

AsSaSsInJ0HN
05-18-2015, 03:35 AM
lol youtube not available ??.. hmm...simplest excuse ! !

THEx4THxSEAL
05-19-2015, 08:56 AM
mine is doing the same thing. wonder if it should be sent in

THEx4THxSEAL
05-19-2015, 08:57 AM
except it dont seem to be getting better. it just started tonight

hmscott
05-19-2015, 11:59 AM
So I opened a ticket and they gave it a listen and said it was ok given that at increased speed it was fine, since its been a week it seems to be correcting itself slowly so thats good, guess a spec of something is slowing being chewed away by the blades. So all is well. I did feel bad for tech support though, they said they couldn't view youTube cause it wasn't available in their country, that's a bummer!

FWKnight, glad to hear it is self-repairing :)

That's why it's good to report to Asus and hear what they have to say, they get lots of reports and have the experience to know it is a new part teething problem. If it keeps being an annoying sound, I would follow up and ask it to be replaced :)

The Youtube video can be downloaded to your laptop and attached to a TI for Asus to see.

joker.san
05-21-2015, 08:45 PM
I was having the same problem 2 months ago and i couldn't stand that noise, driving me crazy...
just sent it back to replace the fan!

FlexBravo
08-25-2015, 05:51 PM
I am having the same issue with the same fan. It is out of balance for sure. If I tap the left bottom corner of the computer it will stop. I have not tried compressed air as of yet but I will give that a try before I look into an RMA if I am still eligible.

aeolisio
08-25-2015, 06:35 PM
You might want to pop the keyboard and check for debris plus it will allow you a better shot at cleaning it out. You would be surpised how much dust hair and fuzz those fans will suck in.

FlexBravo
08-26-2015, 09:09 PM
That sounds like good advise.
However, I need to figure out if I am still under warranty or not.
If I am then I'll not want to do anything that my void it. And I'll look into sending it in to get fixed.
However,if I am no longer under warranty then I'll see if I can find some instructions or video on how to take the laptop apart to do a good cleaning.

JustinThyme
08-26-2015, 10:45 PM
Its not repairing itself, there is debris of some sort in there. Either the debris is being worn down or the blower cage is.

Corporal
08-30-2015, 04:04 PM
I had the same problem and I fixed it by opening the palm rest/keyboard and putting some silicone oil inside the fan. The fan cannot be disassembled, you have to just put the oil inside the tiny gap where the bearing is.
It's been running quiet for 4 months now. If it rattles again I will just put some more oil inside :)

MooZianeh
04-06-2016, 10:27 PM
FWKnight, it sounds like something wedged itself in there and the fans are hitting it, whatever it is - or the fan body has become unbalanced and is making that noise.

You could try shooting some compressed air into the exhaust while the computer is off and see if you can unwedge the object - if one exists.

Or, you can RMA to Asus to get the fan replaced.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry and attach the video as a zip file to the TI.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

Have problem with the left fan and I want to replace it; but I must know if it is the CPU's fan or GPU's before purchasing it!
Could anyone help me out here!?

Thanks

MooZianeh
04-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Its not repairing itself, there is debris of some sort in there. Either the debris is being worn down or the blower cage is.

Would be really thankful if you could answer my question!

Thanks