PDA

View Full Version : Laptop looses connection with the power adapter g750jh

Mops4ever
05-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Hello,

Twonweeks ago my laptop stopped recognizing the power adapter at all, I took it for a repair and the guy replaced the power adapter on the mother board along with the battery and the power supply.
Now it does show a connection and charging but while playing games it looses the connection every 2 minutes for 5-10 seconds causing fps drops and lags which makes it totally unusable. Is there anything I can do to repair it or is it just a bad bach? If so will asus replace the laptop entirely?
Thank you for your time.

FatherofBegus
05-08-2015, 06:42 AM
I can't really help much, but I can tell you that you're not the only one experiencing this problem. Mine has just recently started doing this as well.

hmscott
05-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Hello,
Twonweeks ago my laptop stopped recognizing the power adapter at all, I took it for a repair and the guy replaced the power adapter on the mother board along with the battery and the power supply.
Now it does show a connection and charging but while playing games it looses the connection every 2 minutes for 5-10 seconds causing fps drops and lags which makes it totally unusable. Is there anything I can do to repair it or is it just a bad bach? If so will asus replace the laptop entirely?
Thank you for your time.

Mops4ever, Asus will still fix it for you. Just tell them what happened, and ask politely to please help you out of this jam. They might complain about a 3rd party doing non-warranty repairs, but let them know you apologize for doing that and would they please help.

They don't have to, since you voided the warranty by having a non-Asus approved shop fix it - I am assuming they aren't an Asus shop - if they are then take it back and ask them to please fix their work.

Asus won't replace the laptop, but they can fix the problem for you.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry giving Asus the symptoms and ask for their help to debug/RMA repair the laptop.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

code9523
05-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Hi guys try to uninstall power 4 gear. It helped for me when battery was discharging while gaming.

morphemass
05-18-2015, 09:49 PM
> you're not the only one experiencing this problem.

Thats interesting - are there any threads with this issue?

I ask because I've noticed a VERY strange power issue on my G750jh. I'm still trying to work out what exact sequence of events triggers the problem but it goes something like this,

1) I let the battery run down and the orange power light starts to flash.
2) After this, *sometimes*, the laptop will refuse to recognise the charger. No lights will come on and and the laptop will refuse to charge.
3) If I leave it a few days, *eventually* it will suddenly recognise the charger, the orange light will come back on and it will charge back up.
4) Once charged up, it will be absolutely fine charging for a few days to a few weeks except every so often it will switch from AC to battery.
5) *sometimes* it just refuses to recognise the charger again after 4 above.

I'm now on my 4th or fifth cycle of this happening and I've only not RMA'd it until now due to using it as a desktop!

I'd assumed it was something to do with the power jack BUT the way it suddenly bursts into life again with rock steady stability suggest that it isn't (also there is a lack of heat on the charger tip which I have had before with other laptops and power jack issues), I've tried two different chargers with the same issue so it isn't the charger. I've tried removing the battery without any luck.

Oh, and I ask if there are any threads on this because, once again the laptop is charging and if I send it back I get the feeling that the techies will just think I am wasting their time.

pete66
05-31-2015, 11:36 AM
I think I have the same problem, however, I couldn't really find a lot of other threads describing this issue.

If I start my g750jh without the battery, then it will work for a couple of minutes, then suddenly shut down. If I keep the battery in, it will sometimes just lose detection of the charger and drain the battery, even if the notebook is plugged in. Sometimes after playing a game I just realize that it drained the battery down to 75% or something like that. If it is discharging however, the estimated time remaining seems way to high (5 hours), so I guess it is still somehow using the charger, too.

I'm running a dual boot with Win 8.1 and Ubuntu and it happens on both systems, so in my opinion it must be something beneath the operating system. Thus I've upgraded the BIOS to the latest version, but the only noticeable effect is that it doesn't recognize my external monitor anymore until the OS is up and running :-( The problem still remained the same.

Does anyone have the same issue? It seems like I can only send it in to be fixed, but that is a very big fuss, so I'd like to avoid it if somehow possible. I haven't tried a different charger, but I've measured my charger and it seems to work and supply steady power. So I doubt that replacing the charger would fix it, also it seems very erratic, not like a loose contact or similar (since it happens without movement as well).

Fayt666
06-02-2015, 02:00 AM
The thing is that no one from asus will help you... they do nothing! really! i even recorded on phone how my laptop starts to switch power. but in service they done nothing for 3 weeks. i guess i just sit hee and wait till some one willfind the answer... 1200$ wasted