PDA

View Full Version : G751 JT BIOS...cant get in!

challenger1
05-06-2015, 09:45 PM
I just purchased a G751 JT from Newegg and I am having a hard time getting into the BIOS. Upon starting I hit the delete key repeatedly and It still just goes to the loging screen. Is there anything special I am supposed to do to get into the BIOS other than just tapping the delete key? Also,when connecting the laptop to my outboard video system,namely my projector,I have it actually going thru my receivers HDMI connections,am I loosing picture quality going thru the receiver? Also,I am also getting the same image on the laptop screen as on the outboard connection,should I have the cover closed? When I was using the laptop to play YouTube videos thru the receiver and out the projector the video would cut out every 30 seconds(source not found-source dectected) type error. Any help on these situations would be appreciated.

cl-Albert
05-07-2015, 12:50 AM
Hi,

It's tough to get into the bios after powering-up with Win8/8.1 secure boot, so try holding the shift key when you restart windows to get into the advanced startup menu.

There's a still a lot of navigation needed after this, so let us know if you have trouble finding the option to get into the UEFI bios.

Sanctrum
05-07-2015, 07:07 AM
To enter BIOS when Win 8.x is installed you must prevent system from performing the hybrid shutdown. Win8.x always performs the hybrid shutdown... and after powering on is goes directory to the Win... blocking any possibility to enter BIOS.

To FULLY shutdown Win8.x you must enter the command line by searching "cmd"... then initiate this command:
shutdown /s /f /t 0

You can read about it here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/force-full-shutdown-fully-reinitialize-windows-8

Once it's done.... you can now enter BIOS by holding F2 button till BIOS shows up and pressing Power. It works for me.