PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 Audio out on G751JY

pagemaster500
05-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Does anyone know what the external audio capability of the G751 is? I've seen conflicting stories regarding the three audio jacks being usable as audio out jacks (front, rear, sub), but there's nothing listed in the product manual to verify. I'm ultimately looking at using the G751 as a desktop replacement until I decide it's time to build a new PC, but I'm trying to work out a 5.1 solution to work with my speakers before I commit.

Sanctrum
05-07-2015, 07:20 AM
What do you mean? You can reconfigure audio jacks outputs at Realtek HD Audio manager. That is a standard reconfiguration option available at this driver for years... Just reconfigure the speakers to 5.1 and then click at relevant "jack" icons at the left bottom corner of the manager... I am using it with my old Zalman 5.1 Surround 5.1 Theatre 6 headphones...

pagemaster500
05-07-2015, 07:30 AM
I think you answered my question perfectly! I've never used more than just headphones with laptops before so I've never been familiar with the Realtek HD Audio manager (and I've never known audio jack outputs could be reconfigured...). If I understand correctly that I can modify the function of the "jacks" to support 5.1 audio out (and that they're not "locked" to the default functions) I should be able to make it work.

Sanctrum
05-07-2015, 09:24 PM
i think you answered my question perfectly! I've never used more than just headphones with laptops before so i've never been familiar with the realtek hd audio manager (and i've never known audio jack outputs could be reconfigured...). If i understand correctly that i can modify the function of the "jacks" to support 5.1 audio out (and that they're not "locked" to the default functions) i should be able to make it work.

yes.