PDA

View Full Version : g750jw shutting off spontaneously

solarwinggx
05-08-2015, 04:29 AM
Hey guys

I recently opened up my g750jw laptop to clean out the dust and reapplied thermal paste
when i put back the screws, i noticed i had 1 extra in the end that i didnt put back.
since it was the beginning of the semester, i didnt pay much attention to it.

now im noticing that my laptop is shutting off for no reason like someone is pulling my battery out.
do you guys think its because of this missing screw?
if so is there a way to get a blue print of where the screws are supposed to go for this laptop?

Thanks alot

code9523
05-08-2015, 10:04 AM
1 Missing screw should not cause any problems except the cooling system mounting screws! If you forgot to screw your radiators on cpu or gpu the shutdowns can be caused because of overheat since your cooling system does not absorb heat from chip properly! Also shutdows can be caused because you forget to plug cooler connector to mother board or there is a loos connection in connector so when loaded radiators absorb heat but cant output it outside laptop and then thermal sensor shut it down. Also you could mess up with thermal paste put it to much or too little. You need to disassemble it again and check everything.

solarwinggx
05-10-2015, 06:03 AM
Its not an over heating issue
i can play games when my computer is plugged into the power jack and HW monitor tells me that my temps never go beyond 70*C for cpu and gpu

its only when i have my battery in it does this

code9523
05-10-2015, 09:45 AM
May be it loses connection with battery it could be mechanical issue because of bad mother board mounting you need to check how it feats in bottom part of laptop it also can be a battery connector issue on motherboard check it for damages using digital mulltimiter. And the last thing is that can be a battery problem try to put another battery and check on it. But I think that there is a connection problem. You need to check it by your self because it's hard to diagnose it without laptop))

Maxter
05-12-2015, 10:08 PM
if it's not overheating it could be that battery issue. Check the health of the battery on the power options. how old is it?

solarwinggx
05-16-2015, 12:55 AM
how do i do this?