PDA

View Full Version : G751JT Microphone problem

Cracken
05-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Hello

I have used S/PDIF input for microphone for long time, because with out boost i got very good voice reception over skype. Yesterday i have pluged in mic and pop up says only headphones and rear speakers are offered?
Before that i got Mic listed also. Now i have to connect mic to the middle port, and have to boost to the max of 30db. And that still is not good as old.

I tried:

new driver
disable pop up
disable auto detection

Still same. Why on one port i do not need boost and on another i do need???
Any help please?

Regards,
Luka

Cracken
05-12-2015, 04:24 PM
I got asus support ridiculous answer:

Dear Customer.

Thank you for contacting technical support.
Proposes to reinstall the operating system.
If it did not help resolve the problem, please contact us again.

What i should reinstall every month? Nice problem solving.
I am real pissed with this realtek shi... Can anyone else try to connect microphone to the combo port?
Is there way to map audio ports so it does not need to detect every time new device??

hmscott
05-13-2015, 10:05 AM
I got asus support ridiculous answer:

Dear Customer.

Thank you for contacting technical support.
Proposes to reinstall the operating system.
If it did not help resolve the problem, please contact us again.

What i should reinstall every month? Nice problem solving.
I am real pissed with this realtek shi... Can anyone else try to connect microphone to the combo port?
Is there way to map audio ports so it does not need to detect every time new device??

Cracken, actually that is essentially the correct answer. It was working out of the box, now it isn't, so some driver / update occurred and broke the feature you were depending on.

Asus support can't tell you exactly what you installed that broke the feature, so they told you how to get back to the state where it does work.

If you know what date/time the change from working to not working happened, go into Features and Programs and look at what drivers/software was installed around the time it stopped working, and look at what Windows updates were installed - one of those things are likely the culprit.

It could be a Windows update with a new driver - I just caught Windows update trying to "update" my Wifi / Wlan drivers - mine are newer and a different series, so I Hide the update so it doesn't get applied.

You can do the same if it is a Widows update that broke the feature, uninstall the updates, apps, and reboot and see if your Mic comes back.

If so you can disable the update(s) involved and you have found/fixed the problem.

The other way is to do an OS Recovery F9 reset - then you are starting from a working set up, and can disable Windows automatic updates and watch for and disable those that break the Mic.

Please let us know what you find was the culprit and how you fixed it :)

Cracken
05-13-2015, 12:43 PM
i will make image today, reinstall, and post results here.

Cracken
05-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Cracken, actually that is essentially the correct answer. It was working out of the box, now it isn't, so some driver / update occurred and broke the feature you were depending on.

Asus support can't tell you exactly what you installed that broke the feature, so they told you how to get back to the state where it does work.

If you know what date/time the change from working to not working happened, go into Features and Programs and look at what drivers/software was installed around the time it stopped working, and look at what Windows updates were installed - one of those things are likely the culprit.

It could be a Windows update with a new driver - I just caught Windows update trying to "update" my Wifi / Wlan drivers - mine are newer and a different series, so I Hide the update so it doesn't get applied.

You can do the same if it is a Widows update that broke the feature, uninstall the updates, apps, and reboot and see if your Mic comes back.

If so you can disable the update(s) involved and you have found/fixed the problem.

The other way is to do an OS Recovery F9 reset - then you are starting from a working set up, and can disable Windows automatic updates and watch for and disable those that break the Mic.

Please let us know what you find was the culprit and how you fixed it :)

First i did check for updates installed last week when this happen, result: none. Looked for software installed : none.

Then I did backup image (this laptop did not came with windows, but using OEM Windows 8.1Pro) and install fresh Windows 8.1 Pro and audio driver. Same thing, no mic offered on Combo imput.

but i have flashed new bios last week, i had 205 -> and flashed 206. I tried to go back but flasher says " too old"... DAMN.

Since there is no 207 for JT model, i will have to wait, but can anyone test COBO port and MIC? Please