PDA

View Full Version : G751 Keyboard Issue writing 2 characters..., w = w, b = b', n = n

Demys
05-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Hello,

Got a new g751-jy since two week, but yesterday a problem started to occur..
A lot my keybord keys ends up writing 2 caracters.. for example, w = w, b = b', n = n, . = .- , and a lot of others keys...

This is driving me crazy, the computer is two weeks old, it has nearly haven't been used, only one or two program installed.

I guess i'm good to send it to rma...before i owned an msi for 4 year, lot of 3D and gaming, lot of travelling within a simple bagpack, and never got one issue, and still running flawlessly..
I told myslef i will try Asus this time because i really like the design of the rog G, but first the low quality sound (compared to my previous g60 msi), and now this..

Asus will start to sound like "big mouth, low quality" for me...

Edweird
05-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Hello,

Got a new g751-jy since two week, but yesterday a problem started to occur..
A lot my keybord keys ends up writing 2 caracters.. for example, w = w, b = b', n = n, . = .- , and a lot of others keys...

This is driving me crazy, the computer is two weeks old, it has nearly haven't been used, only one or two program installed.

I guess i'm good to send it to rma...before i owned an msi for 4 year, lot of 3D and gaming, lot of travelling within a simple bagpack, and never got one issue, and still running flawlessly..
I told myslef i will try Asus this time because i really like the design of the rog G, but first the low quality sound (compared to my previous g60 msi), and now this..

Asus will start to sound like "big mouth, low quality" for me...

In my opinion, the G751 has some of the best sound I've ever heard on a notebook (once you get the latest audio drivers off the ASUS Support site). The issue you are describing usually comes from liquids interfering with the keyboard. I had this same issue last year when I spilled a few drops of water over my N61Ja's keyboard and I had to change it.

My experience with MSI is the opposite to yours and ASUS has a better track record with their products, althoug it's subjective because you may luck out or not. Only the few people that have problems post here - the ones that don't, well, don't. Don't jump to any conclusions, my G751JY hasn't had a single issue going strong almost 6 months now.

Clintlgm
05-08-2015, 08:57 PM
If you have only had it 2 week you should be within your return for refund or exchange from the store you bought it from?

Demys
05-09-2015, 05:28 PM
In fact i really love the laptop, nice design for my taste and really nice performance, quiet and not too hot.

i know they are good products, that's just that i'm angry ^^ two week and already an issue important enough to send it to rma for several week (months ?), my pc is my work's tool so that's really not good ^^

And here in France in the store i bought it there's only 7 days to get a refund or exchange, so now even if i bring it to them they will send it to asus SAV, so i prefer being directly in contact with asus instead of waiting for the store to give me information (they are not really good a support and tracking)

OCFreak
05-09-2015, 07:38 PM
I have to agree on the sound part, it's only average at best.

Older asus laptops 2-4 years old had better sound than this brand new G751. Shame. The best sound systems nowadays are in some MSI gaming models (NOT the GS60/GS70 models though), as well as some Lenovo gaming and alienware models.

As for the keyboard issue I've no idea.