PDA

View Full Version : Slow Bluetooth transfer speed between S3 and Windows (G75VW)

Fetito
05-12-2015, 04:19 AM
Well, I feel kinda n00b:

Is it normal that the Bluetooth transfer speed between Windows 8.1 and the Samsung S3 is just about 170 kb/s?

I got the latest Bluetooth drivers and the Asus site says that I should have Bluetooth 4.0 on my laptop: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G75VW/specifications/

This happens with the latest official Samsung Android version and also the CyanogenMod.

What am I doing wrong? *blush*

Clintlgm
05-12-2015, 12:50 PM
I just connect through USB and transfer as I do any other media. Never tried Bluetooth although it has in the past been a very slow way to move data? Sorry I'm no help at all. If I did use it I would also just transfer data as I do normally using windows explorer.

Fetito
05-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Well, I could use an USB cable, but I want to use Bluetooth-technology. Anyone has any suggestion on how to configure it?

Clintlgm
05-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Install the software Turn the software on look at your F keys it will rotate between WiFi and Bluetooth, Right click on the Bluetooth Icon in notification area set it to listen for devices.
once you log your phone on transfer files with windows explorer as you usually do.
Here is a quick Goggle search on Bluetooth transfer speeds very slow https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=Bluetooth+speed+tr&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ASUM_enUS628US629&q=bluetooth+transfer+speed+slow+&gs_l=hp..3.0j0i22i30l4.0.0.0.22431...........0.Fst INap3Qyc

Fetito
05-14-2015, 03:36 AM
To which F key do you refer? I have 12.

Clintlgm
05-16-2015, 02:51 PM
on mine its FN and F2 the one that has the WiFi tower on it.

C4RN1
05-16-2015, 03:34 PM
With Windows 8-8.1 Fn+F2 will turn on airplane mode disabling all communication devices. On Windows 7 Fn+F2 will disable wifi and enable bluetooth. If your bluetooth is already working there's no reason to use this shortcut.

Bluetooth is slow, it has always been slow and will always be slow. I learned this from the razer orochi gaming mouse. WIred it works perfectly as designed. Connected to bluetooth, the dpi is decreased to nothing and essentially you have an ordinary mouse. Bluetooth was never meant for a large amount of data, it's only made to support low data loads.

You should stick to a dock or a usb cable for the fastest speeds.