PDA

View Full Version : Help! Internet bricked my G750JW with a refresh.

Mistergone
05-20-2015, 02:43 AM
Alright, just like the title says I did a Windows refresh on my 750 and now it's impossible to get either wifi or even a either net cable to work. I downloaded all the wireless drivers (intel Proset/wireless software, Qualcomm Atheros and the Broadcom drivers) but nothing has helped, even connecting the either net directly doesn't work. I really don't know what else I can really do but I'd rather not bring it to a service center until I've lost all shame.

I was running windows 8.1 but the refresh set it back to 8.

code9523
05-20-2015, 04:05 AM
Downloading all drivers for all wifi cards is not a good solution! You should know what card you have in your laptop. You can open device manager and find out which wireless card you have by googling it's id's. And then download driver you need!

Mistergone
05-20-2015, 11:14 AM
That's the thing, I have the Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter and a Qualcomm Atheros PCI-E Ethernet controller and after those drivers didn't work I tried the Intel ones just out of desperation, I tried loading each one by its self followed by a reboot but still no luck. They show up as working properly in the device manager but that's the best I've gotten, are they not the devices i should be focusing on?

code9523
05-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Clean registry delete all drivers everything you installed reboot and install Broadcom driver.

GottiBoi55
05-20-2015, 11:31 PM
Alright, just like the title says I did a Windows refresh on my 750 and now it's impossible to get either wifi or even a either net cable to work. I downloaded all the wireless drivers (intel Proset/wireless software, Qualcomm Atheros and the Broadcom drivers) but nothing has helped, even connecting the either net directly doesn't work. I really don't know what else I can really do but I'd rather not bring it to a service center until I've lost all shame.

I was running windows 8.1 but the refresh set it back to 8.

You need to go to "Device Manager" an verify your Lan card, an you WiFi network card.
After you do that, go to this link below for Asus official drivers and download the correct driver from each card.
Then after you downloaded all the correct driver, go back to Device Manager an uninstall all the incorrect drivers before you install all the correct drivers.
You should verify all other drivers in Device Manager before you install them also.

ASUS_ROG_G750JW_Drivers & Tools_Download (http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JW/HelpDesk_Download/)

You should be good to go once you install all the right drivers.
Here's a list of all the drivers you will need for your NB to run correctly.
(Install in this order for best results)

1. Intel Chipset Driver
2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver
3. Intel USB 3.0 Driver
4. Intel Management Engine Interface
5. NVidia GeForce Drivers
6. Audio Driver
7. LAN Driver
8. WLAN Driver
9. Bluetooth Driver
10. Multi-Card Reader Driver
11. ATK Package (for fn functions)
12. Touchpad Driver