PDA

View Full Version : [help]

TROPxBOY
05-21-2015, 06:03 AM
My primary operating system, Windows 8.1, has been wiped out and cleared. I ask if any of you who share the same model as my ASUS ROG G750JM-DS71, for I am in need of a suitable copy of the Windows 8.1 (preferably a .iso) specifically designed and driver up-to-date with this model.

MaxCioco
05-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Well, to begin with: I think that where you live laptops are sold only with OEM operating systems. Translated to your problem that means your windows key will not work on a normal copy, not to mention the key was stored in a secret partition. A .iso file of windows can be downloaded from the official micosoft website (I can't find the link now, but you can ask them in live chat if you're too lazy to search yourself), but as I mentioned I don't think it will work (even if your have the key - as numbers and letters).

What you have to do is contact the seller or buy a standalone copy of windows (as I always do).
Note: if you buy a copy of windows you will have to do the updates and driver installing from scratch - only retailers have copies of windows will programs pre-installed.

GottiBoi55
05-22-2015, 12:56 AM
My primary operating system, Windows 8.1, has been wiped out and cleared. I ask if any of you who share the same model as my ASUS ROG G750JM-DS71, for I am in need of a suitable copy of the Windows 8.1 (preferably a .iso) specifically designed and driver up-to-date with this model.

Hi TROPxBOY, and welcome to the Forum.

First you will need to download the correct driver for you JM....LINK >>>Driver & Tools (http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JM/HelpDesk_Download/)
(Then you will have all the drivers you'll need after you install Windows)

Here's a list, and the order of installation for drivers.

1. Intel Chipset Driver
2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver
3. Intel Management Engine Interface
4. NVidia GeForce Drivers (preferably from Nvidia web site)
5. Audio Driver
6. LAN Driver
7. WLAN Driver
8. Bluetooth Driver
9. Multi-Card Reader Driver
10. ATK Package (for fn key functions)
11. Touchpad Driver

Them go to this link to create an official Windows 8.1 ISO.>>>>WIndows.8.1 ISO/DVD Creator

(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media)If you have trouble Activating Windows here's the CMD prompt to view the BIOS embedded Windows key

How to find your windows product key.

1. Open Command Prompt as Admin.
2. Copy and paste the following command, and hit enter

powershell "(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey"

Hope this helps you my friend?
Good luck, and good gaming!;)