PDA

View Full Version : HORRIBLE Customer Service G751

tquenneville
05-22-2015, 01:39 AM
Hello,

My name is Trever Quenneville. I purchased a G751JT about a month and a half ago and about 2 weeks after owning it my touch-pad completely went out. I reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled the operating system. Contacted their customer support several times regarding the issue where they continued to have me factory reset the laptop. They finally came to the conclusion that the problem was a hardware related issue. Shortly after my hard drive went out due to bad sectors. My BioS would not even detect that the hard drive was installed.

They finally decided to give me a RMA to send it in. I live in florida so i ended up sending it into for repair via ground shipping to California where their repair facility is. This took approximately 6 days to get there and another 5-6 to repair and another 6 days to return to me. 2 days ago i recieved it. I opened it and it would not power on. I figured that battery is dead so i plugged in my charger and got it to power up. My OS immediately said the battery is not connected. I immediately called about the issue and they had me factory reset it and reinstall the drivers. This did not resolve the issue. As soon as the power source was unplugged the computer would shut right off.

The paperwork they sent to my stated that the repair file was on C:\test\test.txt. There was no such file about the tests they conducted on it before sending it back to me. I stated to the manager that i wanted the computer replaced with the same exact model and send back to me. She had an overnight fedex sticker sent to me and i send it back to the for another RMA. She said she would put the request in for it and expedite the repair process. I have not heard anything from them so i decided to call today. They told me that they were not replacing the laptop but they were going to repair it again and there was no time frame when the parts would come in to fix the "Battery is not connected" issue. I have my bachelors in IT and when hardware is changed the battery is disconnected. The battery is internal and i asked if i could just open it and reconnect it and they said they would rather me send it in.

I am currently in my masters program taking 4 classes and the only reason i bought this computer was to do my homework and take my programming classes and its been weeks i have been using a library computer or my government workstation at work that does not allow me to install the software i need for my classes?

Total i have spent around 8 hours between different supervisers and managers and have gotten nothing. What are the next steps i should take or who can i complain to get this resolved?

-Trever Quenneville

Clintlgm
05-22-2015, 01:59 AM
PM cl-albert he is our customer Loyalty rep. He works for Asus

demonz500
05-22-2015, 01:59 AM
Check the Asus RMA Guide: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54526-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide

you should contact Jolene, cl-jolene@asus.com, about your RMA issues. She might be able to help.

Good luck!

juggar
05-22-2015, 02:23 PM
Hello,

My name is Trever Quenneville. I purchased a G751JT about a month and a half ago and about 2 weeks after owning it my touch-pad completely went out. I reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled the operating system. Contacted their customer support several times regarding the issue where they continued to have me factory reset the laptop. They finally came to the conclusion that the problem was a hardware related issue. Shortly after my hard drive went out due to bad sectors. My BioS would not even detect that the hard drive was installed.

They finally decided to give me a RMA to send it in. I live in florida so i ended up sending it into for repair via ground shipping to California where their repair facility is. This took approximately 6 days to get there and another 5-6 to repair and another 6 days to return to me. 2 days ago i recieved it. I opened it and it would not power on. I figured that battery is dead so i plugged in my charger and got it to power up. My OS immediately said the battery is not connected. I immediately called about the issue and they had me factory reset it and reinstall the drivers. This did not resolve the issue. As soon as the power source was unplugged the computer would shut right off.

The paperwork they sent to my stated that the repair file was on C:\test\test.txt. There was no such file about the tests they conducted on it before sending it back to me. I stated to the manager that i wanted the computer replaced with the same exact model and send back to me. She had an overnight fedex sticker sent to me and i send it back to the for another RMA. She said she would put the request in for it and expedite the repair process. I have not heard anything from them so i decided to call today. They told me that they were not replacing the laptop but they were going to repair it again and there was no time frame when the parts would come in to fix the "Battery is not connected" issue. I have my bachelors in IT and when hardware is changed the battery is disconnected. The battery is internal and i asked if i could just open it and reconnect it and they said they would rather me send it in.

I am currently in my masters program taking 4 classes and the only reason i bought this computer was to do my homework and take my programming classes and its been weeks i have been using a library computer or my government workstation at work that does not allow me to install the software i need for my classes?

Total i have spent around 8 hours between different supervisers and managers and have gotten nothing. What are the next steps i should take or who can i complain to get this resolved?

-Trever Quenneville

Whats wrong with you boy? Open up the damn laptop and reconnect the battery!

This IS NOT hard to figure out. No way in hell would I send off my laptop for weeks so they can plug the battery back into the mobo.....

Common sense man.

TeMagic
05-22-2015, 04:27 PM

This IS NOT hard to figure out. No way in hell would I send off my laptop for weeks so they can plug the battery back into the mobo.....

Common sense man.

It's not common sense if it voids the warranty...

tquenneville
05-22-2015, 05:24 PM
I was informed if i opened the computer it would then void the warranty. Believe me i would of loved to open it and avoided this whole problem. I got an update today. They informed me that the motherboard is now bad and they have not a clue to the estimated time it will take to get a new one.

So far i have spoke to
Claude on 30APR15
Shane 04MAY15
Keisha 13MAY15
Carton 18MAY15
Kimoya 19MAY15
Rohan 21MAY15
Earl 21MAY15
Nicholas 21MAY15
Martin 21MAY15
Kwame 21MAY15
Andre 22MAY15
Rupert 22MAY15
Garfield 22MAY15

About this issue. Every single supervisor or manager i talk to gives me the complete run around and tells me that they are putting a request for things to be done about it but every single thing they have told me so far resulted in absolutely nothing.

tquenneville
05-22-2015, 05:26 PM
I have also sent multiple emails to their complaint department via https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm?lang=en-us#

tquenneville
05-22-2015, 05:28 PM
I just want to know how such a well packaged laptop comes back to my house with a "bad motherboard" that went through all their testing and windows is telling me the battery is not connected. Doesn't make any sense.

Clintlgm
05-22-2015, 06:45 PM
You have been given 2 CL-Asus people to contact. These people can and do make a difference. The rest of us here are just like you ordinary users helping each other. You can PM any of the cl-**** people, they work for Asus and us here in these forums. cl-albert may be on vacation or something I haven't seen him post lately.

tquenneville
05-23-2015, 12:43 AM
Awesome thanks, i sent a message to albert already

demonz500
05-23-2015, 03:27 AM
I suggest you email Jolene, she has the authority to handle the RMA issue.
I believe albert would suggest the same.

C4RN1
05-23-2015, 04:56 AM
I have nothing positive to say about this, we all know how bad things were in the past. I don't know why I thought it would change.

Hopefully one of the customer loyalty team members will be able to alleviate some pain from this bad experience.

I would really like to know how things like this pass the RMA department. This should be documented and the tech should be questioned and held responsible for their terrible decisions.

ciccio80
05-23-2015, 03:56 PM
I myself had the worst experience with the Asus Customer service in Italy. My G751 arrived without the M.2 connector but, after seven (7!) emails in total I finally gave up...the would not even recognise the problem that all G751 bought in Italy after aproximately 01/2015 are without M.2 connectors (of course they didn't bother to inform the costumers about this "small change"). A black spot for áAsus on my first (and probably last) laptop bought from them.

Clintlgm
05-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Ditto

Clintlgm
05-24-2015, 02:30 PM
LOL yea when we bought our G75VW we mostly all thought we were getting Thunderbolt LOL I don't think any VW ever got it but some of the VX did.

As far as being tested before shipment I don't think this happens perhaps they turn them on to see if they start. A lot of these errors would be hard tom miss with any kind of preship testing.

Very poor tech support seems to be the Asus Way. If you look around the internet its not just our notebooks tech support is not particular but though out the product Lines Has to be in their business plan.
I got my wife a PadFone mini. luckily I got it though AT&T its been replaced 3 times since Dec 2014. Once the AT&T warranty runs out I'll have to get her something else. First time she had problems she call Asus Support then call me crying. I reminded her we bought it at AT&T

Richdog
05-24-2015, 03:59 PM

Common sense man.

Because it voids the warranty, dumbo.

Clintlgm
05-24-2015, 06:09 PM
I have nothing positive to say about this, we all know how bad things were in the past. I don't know why I thought it would change.

Hopefully one of the customer loyalty team members will be able to alleviate some pain from this bad experience.

I would really like to know how things like this pass the RMA department. This should be documented and the tech should be questioned and held responsible for their terrible decisions.

Yep doesn't seem to happen though been with Asus since 2008 and nothing has changed or improved with Asus Support/Repair. I have found that if you can get a Customer Loyalty Asus Employee to intervene it can make things work as they should.

tquenneville
05-24-2015, 07:46 PM
I am still waiting for a response from the loyalty team it was also another you have to wait 24/48 hours for a response. I'm up to about 15 people i have talked to so far that work for customer support including supervisors and managers. I recommend their products to so many people and never had to utilize their customer service until this computer..

tquenneville
05-24-2015, 07:47 PM
The only thing i can do now is just spread the word to the community in case you have to go through this process yourself.

cl-Albert
05-26-2015, 08:53 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the problems with that RMA and for the delay.

Didn't notice any PMs about this in my inbox though, so wanted to make sure you send it to cl-Albert instead of just albert, but from what I can see in our system, it looks like you have been working with the ASUS call center about this.

Anyway, feel free to check with me if there are still any problems and if I should just send a PM you can reply to instead.

Thanks.

Asoryu
05-27-2015, 11:02 PM

-Trever Quenneville

Different problems, but basically the same story.

You will never get this resolved properly in my experience. We're going on month 4 with my issues and no fix yet, but a LOT of running around.

Clintlgm
05-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Well If you have read this thread PM cl-albert he can help in most situations.

Asoryu
05-28-2015, 12:04 AM
Well If you have read this thread PM cl-albert he can help in most situations.

Same response I get from all of their "resolution" people. Sorry about your luck, let me know if it still doesn't work when you get it back, again.

Edit by cl-Albert: Sorry, don't have any quick solutions for offer for those issues right now, but if you want to keep discussing and working on it, posted some information at your other thread below although it's not much right now. Hopefully we can figure some things out though if you want to keep working on it. Thanks.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61806-Asus-RMA-returns-laptop-worse-than-shipped-and-not-fixed&p=501631#post501631