PDA

View Full Version : g73jh screen upgrade.

carulli
11-23-2011, 03:46 AM
I am upgrading my cpu form a 720qm to a 920xm and I thought while I was at it I would also upgrade my g73jh's screen. it has the 1600*900 in it now and through google i found that i should replace it with a "LP173WF1 (TL)(C1)".

Now my questions are, do you just take out the old screen and put the new one in and it will work? or are there software changes needed. Also the replacement suggested is a 1080p screen and I was wondering if there was a known (working) replacement with a higher resolution and preferably a higher refresh rate.

Thankyou very much for your time, Daniel.

carulli
11-24-2011, 04:13 AM
That shows me how to refit one. I want to know if there is any SOFTWARE changes needed and if a higher resolution (and higher refresh rate if possible) screen is available/compatable.

carulli
11-24-2011, 10:05 PM
I know that it is possible and no guys say anything about software changes that I have found. All I want is a definitive answer of whether I need any software changes after I change the screen itself. I also want to know whether it is possible to use a higher resolution screen than the 1080p or one with a faster refresh rate. Could someone who can offer me a definitive answer please reply.

JRd1st
11-24-2011, 10:14 PM
You might need to reinstall some drivers, and if you're lucky the display you choose will have a color profile file, but other than that I doubt it.