PDA

View Full Version : G751JT-CH71 Failed Keyboard Backlight

spock
05-26-2015, 12:25 PM
I got my G751JT-CH71 today and like another thread "Help! G751JT-CH71 Keyboard backlight isn't working!" Well my keyboard backlight isn't working.
Basically the jist of that one, you call, they tell you to update the BIOS, they tell you to download drivers, all to no success. Like kennycol and his thread, the caps lock LED flashes on upon startup but the F3 and F4 keys don't adjust and or turn the backlight on. (in all factuality I haven't seen any proof the backlight LED's even work)

Seeing as that thread was posted several months ago I figured that maybe someone had figured out a solution by now.
I called Tech Support and well, lets just say the guy I talked to didn't make me feel as though he was that tech savvy. So before I mail it in for defect, I hoped that someone might have a quick fix.
Thanks~

Simon_Whitmore
10-11-2015, 03:11 PM
So it seems many people are having problems with the keybaord backlight on various ROG laptops. I know why mine turned off, because I was deleting junk services and bloatware after getting my laptop then noticed my keyboard backlight didn't work. I basically turned off or deleted the driver.

You will need turn on or reinstall the ATK (Asus Teck package that contains drivers for the hotkeys).

HOW TO:

1) Search windows for "ATK" and go to the ASUS "ATK_PACKAGE(ASUS_ON_SCREEN_DISPLAY)" folder in Programme Files 86.
2) Go into the folder "Win7_32_Win7_64_Win8_64_Win'81_32_Win81_32_Win81_6 4_1.0.0037"
3) Click "SETUP" and reinstall the driver and restart.

That worked for me on my GL552.

Enjoy

SampoBear
10-12-2015, 12:03 AM
Sadly this one also didnt work , i uninstalled the ATK Package (win10 latest version) and reinstalled the one you stated .
Still without a luck .

Even installing the latest one doesnt do anything . every other FN functions works even without the ATK Package . only the Keyboad FN keys that doesnt work at all.

mondo-t
10-16-2015, 02:43 AM
You will need turn on or reinstall the ATK (Asus Teck package that contains drivers for the hotkeys).

HOW TO:

1) Search windows for "ATK" and go to the ASUS "ATK_PACKAGE(ASUS_ON_SCREEN_DISPLAY)" folder in Programme Files 86.
2) Go into the folder "Win7_32_Win7_64_Win8_64_Win'81_32_Win81_32_Win81_6 4_1.0.0037"
3) Click "SETUP" and reinstall the driver and restart.

i was unable to find this. like Sampo, i've got the latest one installed for Windows 10 and nothin'