PDA

View Full Version : New 751 Ch laptop upgrade process

Bandhor
05-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Ok guys my new 751 just came in the door today, I registered, downloaded backtracker and backed up the system image and drivers to two usb sticks. two days before that the Samsung ssd 850 evo 500gb came in the door. My understanding from reading here is to remove the current drive. Install the ssd in the empty bay, reboot and run the recovery process with the usb stick I used to backup the disk recovery image. next is to reinstall the other hard drive once the new ssd is booting. Making sure the bios boot points to the ssd. Once this is done I can format the original drive for data.

am I missing anything? thanks in advance, this puppy is a monster. hopefully I didn't get a lemon. Man auto correct makes more mistakes than my own poor spelling.

Bandhor
05-27-2015, 03:59 AM
to shut down completely but there's win 8 convenience factor again. Also couldn't get web storage running either, second asus computer that can't seem to make an account or get me a password change for web storage. Deleted it. Don't want mcaffee but I've run out of licenses for trend micro.

Love this monster.

Bandhor
05-27-2015, 04:01 AM
Interesting if you fill up the quick reply box you lose everything you wrote.

Well the system is working with both drives now, looking for keyboard backlight settings so it doesn't go off so soon. Figured out how to enter bios both ways. Looking good.