PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8.1 Fade or Watermark or Imprint or Shadow

LaurenOE
05-27-2015, 05:26 AM
This is killing me!
I have a G751, and when I open or leave a window, a faded image of the last window that was open is seen on the lower left of the display. I've looked everywhere and can't find how to turn this off?

It eventually fades away to the solid desktop color I chose, but this is very annoying.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a Windows 8.1 thing or something wrong with my display?

Thanks.

ROGTWAT
05-27-2015, 06:12 AM
Yes, that's normal. It's known as "Response time compensation" RTC, or otherwise known as LCD "Overdrive." The effect is also called "Ghosting". You wont notice it during nornal operation but if it is too obvious, contact Asus to see what they are saying.

LaurenOE
05-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Yes, that's normal. It's known as "Response time compensation" RTC, or otherwise known as LCD "Overdrive." The effect is also called "Ghosting". You wont notice it during nornal operation but if it is too obvious, contact Asus to see what they are saying.

Any idea why this exists?
I've never seen it in on other laptops.

Korth
05-28-2015, 04:13 AM
Ghosting problems exist because display panels are not all equal. Low-power, low-cost display panels (on laptops) often have awful pixel response rates. I doubt it'll qualify for RMA unless it's a defective unit and is truly noxious for normal use. It's not specific to Windows, although your particular screen content might happen to emphasize the issue.

You may be able to adjust your display refresh frequency. You might luck out and find a driver/firmware update which specifically addresses your issue. You can try the gribble LCDfix tool (http://gribble.org/lcdfix/) (most people say it's a waste of time, but a few report good results). But the only real solution is a laptop with a better display.