PDA

View Full Version : i have a problem with migrating the windows to SSD hard drive , ASUS Rog G751JT

fettah901
05-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Hello Guys

I've just bought ASUS Rog G751JT , the laptop came with windows 8.1 installed in the HDD so i bought an SSD hard drive .
i wanted to make an image for the win 8.1 so i could trasfer that to the SSD , i didn't watnt to format the HDD and install all over again
i followed this video : https://youtu.be/BPIgrzHKgXo and created the image to my system in the SSD , but i couldn't know how to change the First Boot Device in BIOS , i couldn't find the SSD anywhere
is there a detailed guide on how to migrate window from HDD to a new SSD , i don't wanna lose all the features that come with Win 8.1
thank you , and sorry for my bad English

Asoryu
05-28-2015, 12:14 AM
From my experience you can not change the boot device in the bios(crappy bios in my opinion).

You can only switch the SSD and the Mechanical hard drive locations, this was what worked for me.

Zombievac
05-28-2015, 01:36 PM
Assuming you installed the new drive in the 2nd tray, that's a bad choice anyway cause these things only allow SATA2 for the 2nd drive, which sucks for an SSD anyway. Put it in the primary slot, and I think that should do it.

Asoryu
05-28-2015, 01:46 PM
Assuming you installed the new drive in the 2nd tray, that's a bad choice anyway cause these things only allow SATA2 for the 2nd drive, which sucks for an SSD anyway. Put it in the primary slot, and I think that should do it.

Oh yea, I forgot about that undocumented "feature"....