PDA

View Full Version : Brand New G751JY Not Outputting to HDMI.

oXObsidianXo
05-28-2015, 12:56 AM
I picked up an ROG G751JY this Monday, and last night I was trying to use it to watch some videos on my TV. I plugged the laptop in and set it to "Duplicate Display" like I always did with my desktop and old laptop, however nothing happened. I tried restarting it, turning my TV off and on, updating the BIOS, nothing worked. I have checked Nvidia control panel and it recognizes that my Samsung TV is plugged in, but again the TV doesn't detect the input signal. I know the TV and HDMI are good as I tested them with an XBOX 360.

Any and all suggestions are welcome, thank you in advance.

P.S. This laptop ROCKS! It is like a folding desktop PC!

Zombievac
05-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Try extending instead of duping. Your TV display and laptop display have to be directly compatible for the dupe to work.

junmizuho
05-28-2015, 11:00 PM
I have the same problem too, I'm using an LG LCD TV and the HDMI cable is pretty much new and I use it for my XBOX 360 and PS3, works perfectly with out any issues. But when I connect my G751JY, I get nothing. No signal or signs that HDMI is detected on both sides... I tested the VGA port works perfectly, it's only HDMI...

If there are any steps or settings necessary for the HDMI to work, we would be grateful to know.

oXObsidianXo
05-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Try extending instead of duping. Your TV display and laptop display have to be directly compatible for the dupe to work.

I have also tried extending the display instead of duplicating it, the results are the same.