PDA

View Full Version : New G751JM laptop with lose screw

Zlatomir
05-28-2015, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone
Is it possible for a new G751JM laptop to have a loose screw that causes a visual defect (please see attached images)?
Or it's more likely that i got a refurbished laptop, instead a new one?

Best regards,
Zlatomir

Asoryu
05-28-2015, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone
Is it possible for a new G751JM laptop to have a loose screw that causes a visual defect (please see attached images)?
Or it's more likely that i got a refurbished laptop, instead a new one?

Best regards,
Zlatomir

Their quality control is garbage, just do some research on the forums. If it's new, take it back to the store, if you send it to their repair facility you risk them doing even more damage to the unit since they don't know how to take their watches off when they use your keyboard or don't know how to safely package a laptop for shipping.

AsSaSsInJ0HN
05-28-2015, 11:03 PM
if everything is working and all the hardware as per specs are there then its ok..

Asoryu
06-01-2015, 06:46 PM
if everything is working and all the hardware as per specs are there then its ok..

Absolutely not, this is an unacceptable failure of quality control and is far too common.

Take this back immediately and get a refund or a new unit.

Zlatomir
06-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Take this back immediately and get a refund or a new unit.
This is actually the second ROG laptop that comes with some defect, at first i bought an G551 that had a usb port that didn't work and some other small inconveniences.
So i'm scared to send this back and get another ROG laptop. But i still have some time to think about that, and if i'll return it, this will definitely be the last Asus laptop.

Zlatomir
09-11-2015, 08:41 AM
I fixed it myself...

Corporal
09-11-2015, 09:34 AM
A lose screw is okay? Are you kidding?

I had to return G751JY two times before I got a good piece. ASUS quality control is a joke.

Zlatomir
09-11-2015, 10:58 AM
I didn't had the courage to return it and get another one, because of the issues i saw here (most important the usb problems). So i decided to keep it and fix it myself, but that's the last Asus laptop i buy.

Best regards,
Zlatomir

Nader
09-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Asus Quality Control is great JUST IN SOME REGIONS.
Some How Some Regions are better than the others. And I think some of them sell refurbished ones that were returned within 1 week/3 days of use, maybe that is the retailer's fault.

Nader
09-11-2015, 11:04 AM
I didn't had the courage to return it and get another one, because of the issues i saw here (most important the usb problems). So i decided to keep it and fix it myself, but that's the last Asus laptop i buy.

Best regards,
Zlatomir

What you pay for this expensive laptop and not return it.
you are joking why would you bother fixing some thing that you didn't break.

Zlatomir
09-11-2015, 11:17 AM
@Nader i wanted a laptop, i bought one, i had to return it and i bought this one (with smaller "damage") i didn't return it because i was afraid that i'll get a new one with usb issues, or some new defect.
And also the seller is not looking very professional, they tried to convince me this is not defective, their argument was a 2 years old link referring to some issues with screen bezel of g75 laptops.

So considering that no one looked like they are willing to help and the laptop is fine except for that screw, i decided to keep it as it is, fix it after a few months pass (without finding other defects) and next time buy from different laptop manufactured and different retailer.

Corporal
09-11-2015, 11:30 AM
i was afraid that i'll get a new one with usb issues
Sorry to disappoint you, but all G751 models suffer from "USB Issues", left ports not getting enough power to run external HDDs. It's a design flaw. Go ahead and try it out yourself.

Zlatomir
09-11-2015, 11:39 AM
Mine it's ok, i have the external usb hdd (adata 1TB hdd with only usb power) on the left side and my mouse in the other left side usb.
It didn't disconnect, not even once, in a little more than 3 months. And i did copy ~100 GB, and also watch movies from that external drive, and had no issue with that.
I have to consider myself lucky that i only got that screw?

Rares95
09-11-2015, 01:16 PM
RMA it, wait for G752

Zlatomir
09-11-2015, 01:51 PM
I fixed, so rma is not an option now.
As for G752, i will never pay for any Asus product and since the chances that they are gonna send me one for free are 0, i can say that i'm never gonna use G752 ;)

clockworksatan
09-11-2015, 01:54 PM
I once unpacked a Dell laptop which hadn't been fully 'clicked' down around the palm-rest, so I could just flip it right up and see the memory and system board. It's not that unusual to see the odd manufacturing or QC mess up on any laptop or device, so it's not worth spilling your cookies over.

I think the OP should've immediately sent/taken it back to wherever it was bought and demanded a replacement rather than going down the RMA route or fixing it themselves though.

Zlatomir
09-11-2015, 02:02 PM
The only problem is that they already sent me 2 broken laptops, and i don't have time to test them all ;) i didn't wanted a 3'rd broken laptop, so i choose the smallest evil and kept the 2'nd laptop.
Also i read here about really bad experiences with asus service, so i decided to fix it myself.