PDA

View Full Version : G750 JS 1gb fiber problms.

cyKer
05-29-2015, 07:04 AM
Hi guys, yesterday I finally got my 1gb fiber connection. I did a speed test but it does not want to pass 200-245 mb. Anybody knows how to fix the problem?
Thanks.

MaxCioco
05-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Do you use a router?
Have the latest drivers?
Oh, and btw, if they say you got a 1gb connection it doesn't mean it's real. I have a 500mb one and I never got even close to that.

Wulff
05-29-2015, 02:01 PM
There are a few things that could be the issue here imo:
1. ur internetcard is set to 100mbit max
2. are you running it on wifi? could be the cause
3. the router you use cannot handle those speeds
4. if you upgraded your previous connection to 1gb with the same isp it could mean you have to unplug the modem for a little while and then re-connect

did you connect the cable straight to your inet modem intead of the router? that would be a way to see if it is your router or not

those are the things i would investigate first myself. Perhaps for a next post specify things a bit more for example wich router you use etc etc then the solution might be easier to provide for the people willing to help here.

good luck

Dcite
05-31-2015, 05:35 AM
This might be a late but silly question, but is the Killer Network Manager running? In the case of it being active and running in the default state, it throttles your connection when you reach max speed to help keep the game from suffering from congestion. The very same act also drops your overall max speed.