PDA

View Full Version : After re enable secure boot , and bios factory setting, computer won't boot and black

voroth
05-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone ! Could you help me ,pls ! I just bought ASUS g551jw last 2 month, depend on some program are not support secure boot, so turn it off! After I re enable it , and reset bios to factory default, Now my computer is dead, can't do anything , only black screen and light on 2 screen LED - bulb and battery! If anybody are family with this matter , pls provide me some guidelines ! Thank you so much!

Clintlgm
05-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Just guessing here but you mention that you turned it off because some program would not run under Secure Boot. We my guess is that it won't boot in secure boot with that program installed!! This is not knowledge only common sense. If a program will not run in secure boot mode its probably not secure to run? I would try to restore an image you created before turning off Secure boot and installing that or those programs that you could not install with secure boot running.

voroth
05-31-2015, 03:19 PM
In order to disable data protection function in window 8. , I need to disable secure boot in Bios ! This is what I have done! Now , my computer is black screen , can't boot into bios mode! What ever I tried many method from another thread!

Clintlgm
06-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Well if your hard drive still has the original files? you can do a Ctrl + Home, hold down these keys until Ezflash starts. This will put your BIOS/UEFI back to the original Version it came with. If you have clean install or otherwise deleted that BIOS file. You'll have to find some way to get it back on there to reset your BIOS. Once that's done you can deal with your hard drive if Its not booting try hitting the Esc key on boot up that will bring up a boot menu select your hard drive. If that won't boot then a restore of one of the Images you made before you screw up your notebook. If you don't have any back up images then Clean Install will be required.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn344918.aspx explains data protection in window 8.1 If your trying to run something that is not secure your computer is trying to keep you from screwing up.